Automating external synth's CC makes it go crazy

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eric_c

Post by eric_c » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:10 am

I tried another experiment. The Sony ACID DAW uses the same style of vector-based automation curves as Live, so I tried automating a few different elements of my Ion in Acid, and it works without a hitch. So I'm thinking this is something unique to Live, especially if Funky Shit has the same problem with two other synths.

eric_c

Post by eric_c » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:12 am

Thanks for the list pedx1ng. The only documentation I could find about the 1.06 update was on a few random sites hosting the download:

http://driver.wareseeker.com/download/a ... rar/340807

pedx1ng

Post by pedx1ng » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:19 am

eric_c wrote:I tried another experiment. The Sony ACID DAW uses the same style of vector-based automation curves as Live, so I tried automating a few different elements of my Ion in Acid, and it works without a hitch. So I'm thinking this is something unique to Live, especially if Funky Shit has the same problem with two other synths.
Thanks for the information. Very interesting. It may be time to get in touch with Ableton I reckon.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:54 am

pedx1ng wrote:
eric_c wrote:I tried another experiment. The Sony ACID DAW uses the same style of vector-based automation curves as Live, so I tried automating a few different elements of my Ion in Acid, and it works without a hitch. So I'm thinking this is something unique to Live, especially if Funky Shit has the same problem with two other synths.
Thanks for the information. Very interesting. It may be time to get in touch with Ableton I reckon.
+1

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:28 am

funky shit wrote:
pedx1ng wrote:
+1
+1 as well.. :cry:
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

eric_c

Post by eric_c » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:05 am

I just sent an email to support, hopefully it'll actually go somewhere. This thread would probably better belong in the Bugs section, but too late now, unless someone can move it.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:45 pm

BUMP

eric_c

Post by eric_c » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:12 am

So I'm back to playing with this again. When I was trying to get this to work before, I didn't know that Live straight up didn't support NRPN at all. Now I'm reading a lot about people with NRPN hardware being strictly out of luck. Is that what all this comes down to? And if so, would an NRPN to CC converter, as discussed in the "Electribe as a Controller" thread (using Midi-Ox/Yoke), get me what I want? I've been following along with the explanation in that thread, but am a little unsure if it even relates to this problem. Thanks for any insight!

eric_c

Re: Automating external synth's CC makes it go crazy

Post by eric_c » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:18 am

So I never did figure this out. BUT recently I switched from my PC to a MacBrook Pro and I do not have this problem. I can automate my Ion parameters with no problems. Weird!