UC-33e DJ Template w. Mouseless Navigation - Available Now!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Patch

UC-33e DJ Template w. Mouseless Navigation - Available Now!

Post by Patch » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:35 pm

I've created a Live Template for use with the UC-33e. It has 3 DJ-Channels (3 "Decks") and a 4th Channel that contains 4x6 slot samplers (all samples are triggerable from the UC-33e numpad).

This is based on Factory Preset 1 on the UC-33e. No editing of the hardware is necessary.

All decks and samplers have a full DJ effects section, all controlable/selectable by the rotaries on the UC-33e.

BUT - the best bit is the mouseless navigation. This uses ONLY 5 buttons on the UC-33e, and with it you can navigate around the Session View (UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT), open the browser, load a clip into the session view, and close the browser.

At the moment this comes with a Bomes MT Pro template. So it's only really of use to people that already own Bomes Pro. Eventually I'd like to buy a copy of Bomes MT Author (the reason I'm charging for this...) to allow me to distribute Bomes Presets for use with the free Bomes player.

This is the first template I've made available - so there will be updates to it. At the moment, it only uses Lives native effects. Soon I would like to make a similar template but including the most popular freeware VSTs (Suppatrigga, Livecut, Instajungle, Glitch, etc...)

I'd like to charge £10 for this template, which includes:

Live Template (2off. 1 includes samples in all slots, the other is left empty fr your own samples.
Bomes MT Pro Template Makes Mouseless Navigation Possible.
All Documentation An in depth help file that describes EXACTLY how to use the template.
UC-33e Overlay A .PDF file that you can print off and cut out and overlay on your UC-33e.

Did I mention LIVE LOOPING/LOOPING ON THE FLY from the UC-33e?

PM me if you are interested.

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:53 pm

hot!

:D

thanks for your help on the other template over the years too. let me know if there's anything you need to help promote/sell yours.
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Great! 8)

Would you consider doing it for other hardware as well? Korg nanos, etc..

I will get some nanos soon. I have a bcr2000 and a novation remote zero but they are to large to drag around imho. Ive had both at concerts multiple times. Chunky stuff.. But the nanos...sweet sweet nanos...mmm

Patch

Re: UC-33e DJ Template w. Mouseless Navigation - Available Now!

Post by Patch » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:35 pm

I'm thinking of putting together some new templates for Live 8. I just wanna gauge the interest around here. I'd be looking to make 3 or 4 new templates, with different templates suited to specific genres of music.

If anybody has any suggestions, leave them here. I'd like to see ideas for:

- Genres to cover (House/Electro/Techno/Breacks, etc, etc...)
- Effects type to include for that genre
- Any extra mouseless functionality (waveform zoom, for example)

I'd love to make a template that uses the Lucifer 2 VST - would anyone be interested in a template that allowed use of Lucifer 2 (either on the master, or on separate channels) with the keypad of the UC-33e controlling specific parameters? Obviously, you'd have to won the Lucifer 2 VST in order to use the template.
ALSO - the new templates will (hopefully!) include SOFT-TAKEOVER for the presets on the UC-33e...

Thanks to everyone that has bought templates so far. Hope you're all enjoying the 3 templates that are alredy out there.

Cheers,
-Pat.

[EDIT: I'm out of the country for a week starting tomorrow - any PMs will be answered when I return (tanned, and hung-over!)]

Anand

Post by Anand » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:28 am

:x will this work on the original UC33? I dont have the UC 33 e.

Dr.Or

Post by Dr.Or » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:05 am

Hey,
I can see that this is quite an old post, but i think it worth a try.
Was there ever a new tepmlate created for ableton 8?
Is there a way to contact the template creator?

Dror.

boatclub

Post by boatclub » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:01 pm

this sounds very cool! i'm well interested in purchasing.

is there a demo video anywhere so we can take a look at what it can do, before we buy?

many thanks, louis.