boring jobs

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:35 pm

I hate my job too, although it's not necessarily always boring.

I do the corporate 8-5, answering the phones, talking to people about shit I don't want to talk about.

When I first started this shit hole, I would bring in my laptop to help me get by. Other people started doing the same, and then some douche ended up costing everyone their laptop privilages...

I almost lost it... (my mind)

Being the rebel I am though, I just started bringing my lappie back, and place it right on my desk, and I bump my tunes all day long...

No one has said shit to me. No other person brings their laptop...

And I manage to get a good bit done (music wise) while on calls and in between calls.

The pay is pretty good for the shit I do, so as much as I hate it... I will do this till I get fired or till I stumble upon something better...

Maybe fame and fortune?!?!

LOL...

:arrow:

I posted this here, but just so you get the idea on how much I hate this place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7fQ3vjyDg
If you can imagine it, it can happen...

Johnny Beat

Post by Johnny Beat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:48 pm

You really hate it, don't you :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:55 pm

bosonHavoc wrote:
beats me wrote:I might be the only one with this problem, but I find when I'm out of work and have the proverbial "time to work on music all day long" I don't get shit done creatively. It's when I have a brain dead or boring job that my free time seems to be filled with working on music.
other things i've noticed.. their have been times when i lived with a house full of musicians and we never once played together even though before we moved in together we talked about all the music we would make lol.
Oh man, that is so true. I've lived with several music types and the only thing we ever seemed to pull off was drunken jamming or DJ sets that didn't amount to anything. I even lived in a house that had a designated music room with nothing but gear and the door to that room seldom got opened.

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:55 pm

ya dude.. lol..
i have been in that world... for a very short period of time... i felt the same way ...
be a good place to work on some industrial death core

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:02 pm

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:11 pm

One day, Me and Myself will find a way out of this place....

That day that I have the way, I would like to leave with a bang...

That could mean...

a - Taking a shit in my cube and leaving as is...
b - Smoking a J as I walk out the building...
c - Answering the phone and saying the most inappropriate things all day I ( ie. tell people that my company is hell bent on taking all their money and leaving their daughters pregnant before they go...)
d - ...

I dunno...

At least the toilet is clean usually, and the times I've gone to my car to light a spliff, no one has noticed, or said anything about it...

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:26 pm

The bastards at my work IT dept just blocked YouTube...

God damn it!!

Is nothing sacred anymore?!?!?

They really are a bunch of dirty corporate motherfuckers...

If they think that productivity is going to go up, I say suicide is more likely to go up.

Not me, cause you know, I have you guys and my lappie, but for those other poor bastards here that only had YouTube...

Sons of bitches and cock suck mother fuckers...

God damn it...

And sorry for ranting here, but fuck... i almost have no where else to turn...

I'm going to make a tune and call it "Fuck You", then I'm going to have my boss listen to it, and I'll tell her she helped inspire it!!!

:evil: :evil:

:x :x :x

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:50 pm

weeddigger wrote:One day, Me and Myself will find a way out of this place....

That day that I have the way, I would like to leave with a bang...

That could mean...

a - Taking a shit in my cube and leaving as is...
b - Smoking a J as I walk out the building...
c - Answering the phone and saying the most inappropriate things all day I ( ie. tell people that my company is hell bent on taking all their money and leaving their daughters pregnant before they go...)
d - ...

I dunno...

At least the toilet is clean usually, and the times I've gone to my car to light a spliff, no one has noticed, or said anything about it...
I like c. I would have fun with that.

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:56 pm

to Weeddigger
If you really hate it that much then you've got to find another job, Life's to short to spend so much time doing something you hate.
I went from a well paid job in IT systems management to being self employed doing bits of contract work here and there. I'm always broke now, but MUCH happier, wouldn't go back if they paid me twice as much as I was earning.

BTW the IT guys hate management even more than you do!

furrybum

Post by furrybum » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Do you work for Egg by any chance? Capital one?
Macbook (An old white one...WITH FIREWIRE!!!!!)
Tascam Fireone
Spongefork
Logic Studio
Tassman 4
Live 7

http://www.myspace.com/darklightuk

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:00 pm

yo weeddigger,

you live in miami right?

i know this sounds odd... but check out pedicabing
it freaking rocks.. people pay you for riding a bike
and if they treat you like shit you can tell them to fuck off lol
(but carefull with that cause it may become more fun to fuck with assholes then making money.. i think its a phase we all go through hehe)

i can only find like 1 company in miami on the net.. the cabs they own look kind of lame too.
check it out though... if you like it alot get a mainstreet or cyclemaximus and go indy or start your own company
its actually pretty good money.. especially big events..

free your ass and your mind will follow ;)

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:40 pm

Dude, I saw your cab in another thread, or was it this one? I dunno, but I thought about it then...

The thing I do like about this place (and it's not Capital One or Egg) is that while I hate doing the job, there are times when I have freedom to do my thing, like use my lappie to work on some sound patches or loops, tunes, etc... If I had an outside job, I kind of figure I'd never get to work on tunes...

right now I have a second fulltime job at home, taking care of my gramps, who's the craziest bastard you'd ever meet... He's actually got Alzheimer's, so it's not really nutty nutty, but still... lately he's been really on it...

I compare Alzheimer's to taking a really good dose of some shrooms without knowing you're on it...

Yesterday he tried to give toothpaste to his reflection in the mirror... Made a huge mess...

Anyhow, lot's of fun...

(with gramps...)

One day I'll make another video where I'm telling you I love my job, and I'll making tunes in the video, cause I'll be getting paid to entertain...