Ban Timur/Crash?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Should Timur/Crash be banned?

No, he should not be banned.
59%
Ableton, please ban Timur/Crash - the forum is better without him.
41%

Total votes: 98

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:32 am

I don't think this is up to us in any way. For us he's just another weirdo on the net, I mean no real biggie right?
But for the Abletonians it will be different. He has taken complaining up to the level of harassment and abuse, quite a few Ableton staff have complained about him and how he treats them.

We forum users can socially insult each other all we like, but for them it's workplace harassment - getting insulted on the job. Considering he regularly insults them I would think it's getting a bit near the end now.

Imagine your job, if you have one. Imagine that there is a customer who insults you at least 5 times a day. How long would you wait until you said to your boss, "I'm not dealing with that guy again"?

It's a case of workplace abuse for them, they have job contracts that say that they do not have to put up with it. If no staff will deal with him then where will he be?

outta here

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:40 am

he is an asshole but if he bothers u so much just script-block him. I think he is an ahole because I once asked if he could show me a video of his bugs and he acted like an arrogant prick. Every time after that that I have stumbled into a convo with him he has been the same way.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:41 am

Tone Deft wrote:KK - MW puts it well, I'm sure he'll chime in.

this is too easy to explain, considering you tried talking to him about DSP in a thread he started trashing Live's sample conversion. You've done serious DSP work for a living, yet timur wouldn't listen to a word you said in that thread, or anything the Abes said. He knows more than the experts apparently, and we're not talking preferences of hardware compressors here, we're talking straight math and years of experience.
Anyway I don't want him banned per say, that's lame. Maybe just maybe at some point getting him to just release bug reports and stop trying to analyze the culprit etc. when there's no way he can do it successfully. I don't know Ableton's code, or Apples' or Microsoft or Novation etc. and I don't know if a problem is due to my set up, Live, Novation, Apple, Korg, NI, M-Audio, Logitech, etc. and that's just the hardware! 8O

One more thing, I went through serious bugs with Logic 7, 95% or more of the people out there weren't suffering like I was, and it sucked. Timur/crash may just be unlucky, but the lack of ability to admit that he's not an expert at anything he does is I think what gets people.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:16 am

hmm, i didn't know he was stinking up the works so bad.

I'll continue not to read what the dude is on about and i'll support abes in cutting him off from their support effort since he's making ill use of it.

This is a small town, he'll lose all credibility if he hasn't already and then become irrelevant.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:27 am

Guys. He's ordered a mac. Just be patient, he'll quiet down.

:wink:

(I thought a mac vs. PC debate bight be more interesting than this thread)
Professional Shark Jumper.

forge

Post by forge » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:00 am

guys - remember how effective the troll blocker was on that 'trash' guy? when everyone turned it on and he stopped getting ANY attention he disappeared within a day or two

Timur is displaying the most extreme level of attention whoring and since ABleton have actually answered his incessant nagging he has really run away with it (he has pushed them to breaking point internally with emails, not just on this forum)

I personally haven't felt any inclination to read more than one line of any of his posts, but if any of you feel you can't ignore him then maybe try the troll blocker

I think we probably owe it to Ableton to not feed this particular troll

Mesmer

Post by Mesmer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:37 am

forge wrote: I think we probably owe it to Ableton to not feed this particular troll
awww, but come on ... Tone isn't so bad!
he was in charge of the whole monome crusade and *that* was helpful :)
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

blackboab

Post by blackboab » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:26 am

Na, keep him ... from a purely phsycological perspective, he is extremely entertaining

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:33 am

Rave wrote:Tbh me thinks this forum needs upgrading anyhow.
timur could do it

...banning him is lame
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

Crash

Post by Crash » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:02 am

forge wrote:Timur is displaying the most extreme level of attention whoring and since ABleton have actually answered his incessant nagging he has really run away with it (he has pushed them to breaking point internally with emails, not just on this forum)
I agree, the total count of Emails I send to Ableton during the course of the last year is 70 already. That's more than the number of Emails I send to my lady in the same timespan. That we are living together might be an explanation why I ask her for less attention during her working hours, or maybe just that she cannot help with technical issues anyway. But her mother loves me despite my lack of money, so I can't be such a bad guy! :twisted:
I personally haven't felt any inclination to read more than one line of any of his posts
Yeah, isn't that great. "I don't read his posts, but they are shit". You may be right about the latter, but it's still such an insightful statement.

Hating someone brings a community together and people hate smart-arses. Looks like I'm doing a good job at what you project and expect. The magnitude and irony of events is baffling, but so is life (pun intended).
HAL wrote:Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.
HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:24 am

adventurepants_ wrote:it always takes at least two to fight. sure Timur can go crazy over the top, but the choice is there to ignore him if he is not to your taste.

i dont find him nearly as offensive as some of the wingnuts that have been on here in the past. Its not as if Timur posts pron or torture pics when someone disagrees with him.
im glad to see you have quoted me in you sig.
its so nice to know my words CAN make an impact on some ones life for the better.
just pennies a day is all it takes.. for the price of a cup of coffee...
i make a difference.

btw... banning people is a ridiculous option.
if you dont like what they have to say ignore them (this does not apply to me though... i will ban you all with the flick of a switch)

you people can feel free to use this inspiring post in your sigs also.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:51 am

Don't ban Timur.

I kinda like the guy - he's helped me out with some tech problems I've had over the last few months when no-one else knew the answers (or at least no-one was forthcoming with them).

This forum is a rich tapestry of personalities and Crash/Timur is one of those. You may not all like what he has to say (and TBH I ignore a lot of his posts that are of no interest to me, or just too damn long!) but a lot of it is sense and usually on topic which is more than can be said for a lot of the threads on here.

There's always the trollblocker script if you really can't handle him.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:51 am

Banning? meh.....

Hd

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:09 am

nathannn wrote: you people can feel free to use this inspiring post in your sigs also.
Not as funny as adventurepants sig quote! Brilliant stuff! :lol:

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:49 am

Is it OK if I post in your thread - only I've not been invited you see.

Why would you want to ban one of the most helpful people on this forum. He's done a lot to help people with problems running Live on Vista, myself included, and often posts replies when people are looking for help - while all the forum regulars are too busy discussing some childish off topic nonsense elsewhere.

Most of the flare-ups I've seen involving crash are as a result of other poeple picking arguments with him. To contradict the OP I've never seen him hijack anybody else's thread, but I've seen plenty of other people hijack his threads, or any thread if they spot an opportunity to go crash bashing. In fact the majority of his posts are on topic.

At least he doesn't think that his own opinion is so important and definitive that he has to post it in 18pt text to make make sure nobody overlooks it.

PS.

So far the only people bothering to post here are those that voted against a ban.

Curious...
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)