FS: Analog, Electric, Tension

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
iterate

FS: Analog, Electric, Tension

Post by iterate » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:27 am

I'm selling my Analog, Electric, and Tension licenses.

I wanted to get Sampler, Operator, and the Drum Machines, but the whole Suite was less than just those three, so I bought the whole suite. I have other substitutes for Electric and Analog already (though they both sound great -- they're just redundant for me). Tension's got some great sounds ,but I don't know what I'll do with it.

So, they're up for sale.

They cost $159 (or 129 euro) in the Ableton shop. I'll let them go for $115 each or $300 for all three (save an additional $45).

I've transferred serials in the past (when I stupidly sold my Sampler and Operator serials last year!), and it's a pretty smooth process.

I accept PayPal (greatly preferred and you can use your credit card if you want) or USPS Money Orders ONLY. Check my good feedback at ebay (user: sjarvis).

Thanks!

Steven

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:29 am

You can not sell these since you did not buy them individually. Just like you can not sell any individual piece of SOFTWARE that you buy in a SOFTWARE package.

By the way, tension and electric are the two best sounding instruments in the suite!
Last edited by glitchrock-buddha on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:29 am

so did you only buy the suite and now you're trying to sell analog, electric and tension out of the suite or did you buy analog tension and electric first and then upgrade to the suite?
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:30 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:Just like you can not sell any individual item that you buy in a package.
actually quite often you can sell an individual item out of a package. if you buy an ipod you're free to sell the power supply if you really want to. or if you buy a drum machine you're welcome to sell the manual.

but software isn't exactly the same thing.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:32 am

Johnisfaster wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:Just like you can not sell any individual item that you buy in a package.
actually quite often you can sell an individual item out of a package. if you buy an ipod you're free to sell the power supply if you really want to. or if you buy a drum machine you're welcome to sell the manual.

but software isn't exactly the same thing.
Ok smartass, I edited my post. :P

iterate

Post by iterate » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:11 am

Each synth has a serial number, and the "Suite" does not. From that perspective, I'd say the Suite is really just a marketing bundle, and not a product in and of itself. I've emailed Ableton Support to ask them for an official ruling to be sure, but I don't see why I or anyone else couldn't do that.

And there's no doubt that they all sound good, I just have other options for those sorts of sounds. Except Tension. It has some great sounds, but I'm not sure where I'll use them necessarily, so Im still sorta on the fence about that one.

Steven

Stace

Post by Stace » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:35 am

I know this for a fact as I received an email telling me that if you've bought the Suit you cannot sell any of the individual instruments it has to be sold as a whole.
"Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything" --- William of Ockham (1285-1349)

iterate

Post by iterate » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Stace wrote:I know this for a fact as I received an email telling me that if you've bought the Suit you cannot sell any of the individual instruments it has to be sold as a whole.
Thanks for the info. I sent Ableton support an email asking them, but haven't heard back yet.

I wish I had known that when I bought it, but I still saved money for what I was after, and it's not like the other synths are useless. :)

Thanks,

Steven

Stace

Post by Stace » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:45 pm

I wish I had the money for Sampler, Tension, Analog, etc, BUT, monitors come first! (buying some next week) :D
"Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything" --- William of Ockham (1285-1349)

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:00 pm

I could upgrade to the suite for $300 and then sell sampler analog and tension for $125 each and make $75 profit. :)

just playin.

I think if you upgrade to the suite you might still be able to sell the instruments you purchased separately. but I might be wrong about that too. the rule of thumb here is always ask support before you do anything that involves your licenses.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Well if you upgrade to the suite you can definitely sell your licenses you had before. That's what I did. I sold off operator and sampler and then bought the suite. The difference ended up being 80 bucks or something. For Analog, Tension and Electric, plus Drum Machines. So 20 bucks a piece. Great deal. But realistically 350 was already invested in the operator and sampler. So it was reasonable all around.