Drag live set into another set w/ plugins/automation intact

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
randrohe

Drag live set into another set w/ plugins/automation intact

Post by randrohe » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:50 pm

the title sums it up. I am on live 5.
I would like to bring several sets into one in order to do some "home mastering"
Any pointers appreciated......Rand

solovox

Post by solovox » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:57 pm

It only works if the session you are working on has the exact number and order of BLANK channels that matches the 'dragged-in' session. In other words, if your dragged-in session has 6 audio channels and 5 midi channels, in that order, than you need to have the new session have 6 blank audio and 5 blank midi channels waiting.

But most important, you have to have at least one blank clip per track...an empty audio clip or a blank midi clip on each channel. This is where Live stores the plug-in information for that channel.

However, I would be surprised if this works in Live 5. Get up to speed, bro!
Live Show Rig: MacBook Pro, 2.3ghz Intel i7, 16GB RAM, Motu Ultralite

Desktop Rig: 8 core Xeon, 20 gig RAM, RAID 0 drives, Zoom LiveTrak L-8, Windows 10

randrohe

Post by randrohe » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:45 am

Thanks for the pointer. Def give it a shot in live 5.
Am considering Radar as opposed to the computer route with next upgrade

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:10 pm

solovox wrote:It only works if the session you are working on has the exact number and order of BLANK channels that matches the 'dragged-in' session. In other words, if your dragged-in session has 6 audio channels and 5 midi channels, in that order, than you need to have the new session have 6 blank audio and 5 blank midi channels waiting.

But most important, you have to have at least one blank clip per track...an empty audio clip or a blank midi clip on each channel. This is where Live stores the plug-in information for that channel.

However, I would be surprised if this works in Live 5. Get up to speed, bro!
I didn't know that, good tip.