MONOME IN ABLETON W/O the MONOME

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:29 pm

I'll try that later.

:? but each clip is a different part of the sample, IIRC with legato mode if the clip is 27 ticks into playback, the next clip will pick up at 27 ticks.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Marx

Post by Marx » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Tone Deft wrote:I'll try that later.

:? but each clip is a different part of the sample, IIRC with legato mode if the clip is 27 ticks into playback, the next clip will pick up at 27 ticks.
actually.... each clip isn't a different part of the sample. Every clip is the same sample with different loop points.

You are right about the legato playback though... but the problem I ran into was that if the sample goes A, B, C, D - lets say B ends at 27 clicks and C starts at 27 clicks - when you try to mix it up nothing happens.

This is because now when I try to make the pattern diff. lets say B, B, A, D, D, C
the second B will still end at 27 clicks, but now A starts at 27 clicks, instead of click 1...... Making clip A and C exactly the same.

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:19 am

cool technique. thanx for posting
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

koneko

Post by koneko » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:51 am

what we actually need for an MLR like function, is one simpler in a midi track, with 16 clips , each with an envelope to progress the sample start offset in 1/16 jump.

i swear somebody did that some 1-2 years ago and posted in the forum.. i just can't find it.

this way you just drop any sample in simpler and can juggle with it immediately

i might just recreate it and post here later

koneko

Post by koneko » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:14 am

so i did it.. and post this little goofy video demonstration using TouchOSC on ipod touch.. now that OSCulator supports midi input !!!!

tell you.. it's late at night and i had to hold the damn webcam in my mouth to do it. hope you appreciate
:lol:

and here's the set for you to check

--

as described on my other post, you just have to warp a 2 bar sample and put it in simpler. if you want another track, just duplicate the one thats already there (do not copy the clips, because the envelopes will not be copied with it) or drag it from the set in your browser to any new session.

then just map the clips to your favorite controller!

p.s.
the sample is Otto Von Schirach - Gelatine Fixation DJ Donna Summer's Tittymix (< D.S. to be seen in Berlin, Berghain Cantine this coming saturday.....)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:18 am

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:25 am

@subharmonics: cool video. Ive done similar things, but not quite that. Always liked the way you chop up your vocals! Cheers!

Koneko, thats awesome!

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:19 am

nice video
but around 3 years ago i seen a video for the monome with the makers pronouncing it MONO ME

its not MON OHM is it?

im now confused.

i have also heard people calling moogs mow'gs
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:22 am

fantastic stuff koneko
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

Marx

Post by Marx » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:02 am

koneko wrote:so i did it.. and post this little goofy video demonstration using TouchOSC on ipod touch.. now that OSCulator supports midi input !!!!

tell you.. it's late at night and i had to hold the damn webcam in my mouth to do it. hope you appreciate
:lol:

and here's the set for you to check

--

as described on my other post, you just have to warp a 2 bar sample and put it in simpler. if you want another track, just duplicate the one thats already there (do not copy the clips, because the envelopes will not be copied with it) or drag it from the set in your browser to any new session.

then just map the clips to your favorite controller!

p.s.
the sample is Otto Von Schirach - Gelatine Fixation DJ Donna Summer's Tittymix (< D.S. to be seen in Berlin, Berghain Cantine this coming saturday.....)
NICE diggin it

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:32 am

Very interesting stuff, thx for the vid!

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:34 am

hmm... isn't Monome in Live w/o Monome.... Less Nome?

(*badaump tisssh*)
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.