OT: Youtube Blackout

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
funky shit

OT: Youtube Blackout

Post by funky shit » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:14 am

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:42 am

Unfortunately I set aside Dec. 19th - 21st to pirate youtube videos, but good to know I shouldn't have any buffering issues. Christmas comes early this year!

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:08 am

lol...

So you're going to stop using UTube for a few days...

And right after? Catch up on all the time missed an keep watching on there, right?

I don't like being restricted on something that hasn't been before, but eh... We're all mostly pawns playing in a much bigger game than ourselves...
If you can imagine it, it can happen...

q.musgrove

mmm.

Post by q.musgrove » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:37 am

its too bad corporations don't feel guilty about doing whatever they can to secure more $$$$$$$$. However it seems silly that they would drive out the people most responsible for the success of future media endeavors. And it's so shitty that the gain they're popular status first without these rules then succumb to corporate will after it becomes supposedly "smart" business. I will be participating regardless of outcome. It's the only thing we can do.

And we can email editor@youtube.com the pieces of our minds they wish to take from their pages.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:46 am

selfish whiny generation Y jackasses.

if you paid for youtube and had a freedom of speech clause that's one thing, you don't, it's free and there's just some buzzword slogan that "it's all about you." it's their business, their income, food on their plates.

please do boycott them for as long as you want, I appreciate the bandwidth and lack of metube videos.

a boycott is the right action, I just don't agree with the reasons. maybe you should take a hint and clean up your language. actually it makes sense to raise the youtube censorship to the level of broadcast TV and radio, those are the standards our cultures have settled on for free media.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

forge

Post by forge » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:56 am

I'm in! It means this weekend will be ...I guess pretty much the same as every other weekend not watching youtube! :wink:

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:57 am

I think this is a better point

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/y ... nges_users

true. true.

forge

Post by forge » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:58 am

Tone Deft wrote: maybe you should take a hint and clean up your language. actually it makes sense to raise the youtube censorship to the level of broadcast TV and radio, those are the standards our cultures have settled on for free media.
I agree with this in that most of the time it's just unnecessary

if they only bad language then fine, it's when they censor real opinions that it concerns me

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:06 am

Tone Deft wrote:selfish whiny generation Y jackasses.
:lol: +1

in fact i found those whining retards in the video so annoying that i'm gonna make a point of watching more youtube videos on the 19th.
the fact that i'll have forgotten about this "travesty of justice and free speech" in 10 mins is beside the point
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:11 am

lunabass wrote:
:lol: +1

in fact i found those whining retards in the video so annoying that i'm gonna make a point of watching more youtube videos on the 19th.
the fact that i'll have forgotten about this "travesty of justice and free speech" in 10 mins is beside the point
Right on.
Fuckem with their freedom of speech bullshit.
Google is a privately owned company...
As long as they don't promote hate crimes they can do what ever the fuck they like.
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

q.musgrove

Post by q.musgrove » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:22 am

yeah, I think though that my part in helping you tube gain status by telling all my friends about it and why :back in the day: helped grow the business. And now it turns out that this is what I Must except to happen when good ideas become popular. Let it be bitch for the highest dollar. Have we already forgot about the that entire gay marriage fiasco? that what happens when the money decides. So as it appears people with large sums can put up a condo with you as the only house on the block with condos to all three walls.... then stomp online and slap some restrictions on your (possessive in nature due to our help in building the community surrounding the sit) online chatting/learning/,,,, in your online community it seems. I just don't understand how I'm being whiny I'm upset.. Naturally and encourading people to feel the same way and act. A free internet is going to be a big loss and this is how I see things headed lately. Am I out of step?

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:33 am

So, no more emo girl ramblings?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJTFVM2A27c

In that case I welcome censorship with open arms.
Last edited by aqua_tek on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:33 am

if you paid for youtube and had a freedom of speech clause that's one thing, you don't, it's free and there's just some buzzword slogan that "it's all about you." it's their business, their income, food on their plates.

please do boycott them for as long as you want, I appreciate the bandwidth and lack of metube videos.

a boycott is the right action, I just don't agree with the reasons. maybe you should take a hint and clean up your language. actually it makes sense to raise the youtube censorship to the level of broadcast TV and radio, those are the standards our cultures have settled on for free media.
All this is so hilariously hypocritical coming from someone with an elf flashing his ass as a sig! Fuck I don't have anything to say, your lack of cohesive ethics does it for me! :lol:

q.musgrove

Post by q.musgrove » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:42 am

goood Point Seattle peeps.

NativeBreaks

Post by NativeBreaks » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:20 am

GET A LIFE, AND GET THE HELL OFF MY FORUM. LOSER.