OT: Youtube Blackout

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:32 am

q.musgrove wrote:goood Point Seattle peeps.
Good prog rock as well! and I'm generally not a big fan of that genre! :)

PM me if you haven't played in Georgetown, my old neighbor is running a club that caters to experimental, jazz, and prog bands. Your band is right up his alley!

sven303

Post by sven303 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:06 am

With all the crap going on in the world at the moment, terrorism, global warming, crime rates rising and financial meltdown etc.......

THIS is all these guys have to worry about is that there videos might not be ranked so highly on youtube.....geez

Personally i think maybe google have a point, way too much swearing and vids of dubious content goes on thats not suitable for minors.

As for boycotting youtube for a few days....im sure they wont miss these cyber warriors

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:36 pm

The video was taken off youtube.

kpa

Post by kpa » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:39 pm

get a life. it is a business and they can do whatever they want (as long as it is legal). if you don't like it, don't use it. simple.

dont use profanity in your videos if you don't want it 'algorithmically lowered'. didn't your mama tell you not to cuss.

it's not like they are lynching people.
Cryptomnesian - the recall of memories not recognised as such, but thought to be original ideas.
www.Cryptomnesian.com
www.myspace.com/thekpa
www.myspace.com/thebodesapha

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:59 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:selfish whiny generation Y jackasses.

if you paid for youtube and had a freedom of speech clause that's one thing, you don't, it's free and there's just some buzzword slogan that "it's all about you." it's their business, their income, food on their plates.

please do boycott them for as long as you want, I appreciate the bandwidth and lack of metube videos.

a boycott is the right action, I just don't agree with the reasons. maybe you should take a hint and clean up your language. actually it makes sense to raise the youtube censorship to the level of broadcast TV and radio, those are the standards our cultures have settled on for free media.
All this is so hilariously hypocritical coming from someone with an elf flashing his ass as a sig! Fuck I don't have anything to say, your lack of cohesive ethics does it for me! :lol:
dumb, dramatical, off topic... how high were you when you wrote this gem? it's just an ad hominem attack as you like to whine about.

them: rebelling against moderation with 'posts' on youtube servers.

me: obnoxious but playing within the rules, no posts rebelling against the moderators. are you some kind of mod now? forum cop? leave the moderation to dom.

you: whining 'Nazi' anytime a hint of moderation is mentioned for this forum. dipshit, you're more like the metubers than I am.

BTW you want to talk about signatures? you're sig is retarded. it's a washed out screen cap from a lame video from 3 years ago. nice style.

always the drama with you, grow up already. I think you're just lonely, get a dog.

"lack of cohesive ethics" - classic dramatical d0uchey old man material.

really, that's all you have to say on the topic, an attack on me? lame.

the video was removed?!?!? I'm surprised it lasted that long. pretty lame way to stage a protest. fail.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:05 pm

if you paid for youtube and had a freedom of speech clause that's one thing, you don't, it's free and there's just some buzzword slogan that "it's all about you." it's their business, their income, food on their plates.

please do boycott them for as long as you want, I appreciate the bandwidth and lack of metube videos.

a boycott is the right action, I just don't agree with the reasons. maybe you should take a hint and clean up your language. actually it makes sense to raise the youtube censorship to the level of broadcast TV and radio, those are the standards our cultures have settled on for free media.

For once i agree with you TD , but now you will probably be dismissed as a twat through association with me, so i had better insult you quick you Lardarsed Trumpet humping Scrooge.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:21 pm

Tone Deft wrote: maybe you should take a hint and clean up your language. actually it makes sense to raise the youtube censorship to the level of broadcast TV and radio, those are the standards our cultures have settled on for free media.
^
This is the gist, if you believe this, why would you have an ass elf sig? It's hypocritical to make fun of kids whining about censorship on the interwebs, when you yourself take advantage of any freedom you get from a privately owned site?
I mean look at the bile in your reply to me? would any regular company forum accept that sort of thing? Mostly you just hate the y kids who post youtube vids, which is not anywhere near the point. Neither was it my point to just ad homonym attack you, rather to point out that your post was hypocritical in light of the facts.

AFA opinions on the subject, personally I think a boycott makes sense, people accept far too much censorship as it is. I find it hilarious how people tend to side with the large corporate entity when they don't like or use the tool that entity is providing. I don't have an opinion on youtube bloggers, never got into blogging at all.

I also find it funny you accusing me of being like the metubers etc. as if I should automatically find that offensive. Sure, I like forums and sites that have few rules, and I will complain if I see new levels of moderation coming etc. why wouldn't you if you like it like it is?? You're so busy being an ex-twenty something who now hates on youth culture of any kind that you haven't noticed that you're now doing the whole "gosh darn snot nosed kids!" routine, on a music forum no less. :lol:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:35 pm

just like Tumor, you shit on someone, they reply, you reply with twice the text, it's off topic, argumentative and nothing anyone wants to read. you're both completely incapable of ever admitting fault. I thought we both agreed this arguing is bullshit, cut it out, it's the worst of the forum.

omfg here we go... :roll: I'll try to keep this short and avoid your classic quote within quote that gradually expands to biblical proportions.
Machinesworking wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: maybe you should take a hint and clean up your language. actually it makes sense to raise the youtube censorship to the level of broadcast TV and radio, those are the standards our cultures have settled on for free media.
^
This is the gist, if you believe this, why would you have an ass elf sig? It's hypocritical to make fun of kids whining about censorship on the interwebs, when you yourself take advantage of any freedom you get from a privately owned site?
dipshit, I am not going against the wishes of the Abes, I don't argue with the mods or whine about moderation. I don't protest against them, I do ask people to respect the Abes wishes. are you a moderator? maybe you should ask dom to judge me before you touch the keyboard, or just mind your own business to begin with.

it's not an elf, retard, it's a gnome!!! why is it there? so you can kiss it. I did not choose something that I knew was out of bounds. actually you're trying to censor me, poor form.
I mean look at the bile in your reply to me? would any regular company forum accept that sort of thing? Mostly you just hate the y kids who post youtube vids, which is not anywhere near the point. Neither was it my point to just ad homonym attack you, rather to point out that your post was hypocritical in light of the facts.
bile in my reply? you pussy, that was nothing. how about the ad hominem attack? that's bullshit, NOBODY appreciates that kind of behavior, you should be ashamed, admit it was wrong and just move on FFS.
AFA opinions on the subject, personally I think a boycott makes sense, people accept far too much censorship as it is. I find it hilarious how people tend to side with the large corporate entity when they don't like or use the tool that entity is providing. I don't have an opinion on youtube bloggers, never got into blogging at all.
golf clap for finally posting on topic. :roll:
I also find it funny you accusing me of being like the metubers etc. as if I should automatically find that offensive. Sure, I like forums and sites that have few rules, and I will complain if I see new levels of moderation coming etc. why wouldn't you if you like it like it is?? You're so busy being an ex-twenty something who now hates on youth culture of any kind that you haven't noticed that you're now doing the whole "gosh darn snot nosed kids!" routine, on a music forum no less. :lol:
blah blah blah, you write as if you know me, like you can judge my character, that's creepy. I honestly don't care what you think of me, it's been years of this bullshit, we can drive each other nuts, I am not seeking your approval, I only ask that we both chill out.

seriously, get a dog.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:57 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
^
dipshit, I am not going against the wishes of the Abes, I don't argue with the mods or whine about moderation. I don't protest against them, I do ask people to respect the Abes wishes. are you a moderator? maybe you should ask dom to judge me before you touch the keyboard, or just mind your own business to begin with.

it's not an elf, retard, it's a gnome!!! why is it there? so you can kiss it. I did not choose something that I knew was out of bounds. actually you're trying to censor me, poor form.
So you're saying if the Abes decided to place the forum in heavy moderation mode, you would quickly and decisively change your behavior for the new rules? without any complaining? I actually am trying to understand your logic here?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:07 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: ^

So you're saying if the Abes decided to place the forum in heavy moderation mode, you would quickly and decisively change your behavior for the new rules? without any complaining? I actually am trying to understand your logic here?
absolutely. when Tumor was at his end I wrote stuff about his mom and sister (that sweet sweet piece of ass), I was asked to edit it out, I did so without hesitation, so much you didn't even notice. again, take your cues from dom if you want to judge me, or mind your own business.

people who want more moderation generally go to aldj, there have been times this place was too much so I went there, but I find it way too uptight and boring, so I get my info here.

it's Ableton's server and the mods are nice people whom I respect. what's the big surprise here?

still, this is about you attacking me with little to no thought going into the subject matter. it's a dramajack, a fascinating discussion.

I can has your validation now? you know there are people reading this wondering why we both don't just stfu, this is exactly the kind of crap people don't like.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:21 pm

i enjoy it, gets my blood up , at least your entertaining me, so keep going

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: dipshit, I am not going against the wishes of the Abes, I don't argue with the mods or whine about moderation. I don't protest against them, I do ask people to respect the Abes wishes. are you a moderator? maybe you should ask dom to judge me before you touch the keyboard, or just mind your own business to begin with.

absolutely. when Tumor was at his end I wrote stuff about his mom and sister (that sweet sweet piece of ass), I was asked to edit it out, I did so without hesitation, so much you didn't even notice. again, take your cues from dom if you want to judge me, or mind your own business.

people who want more moderation generally go to aldj, there have been times this place was too much so I went there, but I find it way too uptight and boring, so I get my info here.

it's Ableton's server and the mods are nice people whom I respect. what's the big surprise here?

still, this is about you attacking me with little to no thought going into the subject matter. it's a dramajack, a fascinating discussion.

I can has your validation now? you know there are people reading this wondering why we both don't just stfu, this is exactly the kind of crap people don't like.
No dramajack here. I just have a completely different take on ethics and what I find hypocritical than you do. That is, in fact, on topic!

Personally I find forums where the rules are to my liking, so do you. There's nothing, absolutely nothing wrong IMO with people wanting a site like youtube to be what it was etc. and to take action.
I think it's hypocritical to hate on them/chastise them for saying 'dipshit' in a video, then say it on a company forum yourself, even if you will quickly change your attitude when moderated etc.

We're just really different that way.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:37 pm

the issue is users demanding policy on a free site and rallying against the owners. the metubers are doing that, I do not.

I'm not judging the standards youtube is setting forth, it's their FREE site they can do what they want, I don't care. if Ableton changes their standards, that's also fine by me, I don't want it but it's their site.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:23 pm

Tone Deft wrote:the issue is users demanding policy on a free site and rallying against the owners. the metubers are doing that, I do not.

I'm not judging the standards youtube is setting forth, it's their FREE site they can do what they want, I don't care. if Ableton changes their standards, that's also fine by me, I don't want it but it's their site.
Right, the main difference is youtube is basically supported and popular because of the bloggers and other postings, and in that sense the consumer becomes the contributer as well. So a protest is IMO a logical and ethically secure position. Their free site is supported and popular because they get free content from the end user. I'm not judging the quality of the content, it's not for me, but I certainly don't judge the right the users have to try to affect the standards of youtube, and I certainly don't want the interwebs to be infected with the standards of broadcast media in general.

To that respect, a company forum is a different beast I agree, so yeah hypocrite is a little harsh, I actually didn't think you would react so heavily? Personally I think we're all a slight amount hypocritical, but it's still odd to watch you, who definitely stretch the boundaries of your freedom here, (I do too, not singling you out on this), who obviously enjoy the freedom a benefactor gives you, fail to understand why you wouldn't at least protest just a little to the Abes if it did happen that they started seriously using the banhammer? and in that respect fail to understand why you don't have any understanding for others who are protesting? even if the "content" is somewhat lacking in their end blogg TV product? even if they're blabbing with assumed ownership etc?

smutek

Post by smutek » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:49 pm

NativeBreaks wrote:

GET A LIFE, AND GET THE HELL OFF MY FORUM. LOSER.
That's funny, you've been here about 10 minutes.