Favorite artists using live?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Jesse

Re: Favorite artists using live?

Post by Jesse » Fri May 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Lots and lots of favorites here. But this week we've been in touch with Diplo, Santigold, Animal Collective, Pete Townshend, Daft Punk, Flying Lotus, and visited with Yeasayer, Jazzy Jeff and going to see Kenny Dope and DJ Spinna in a minute here, all using Live...some new movies coming soon.
Jesse

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Fri May 15, 2009 4:04 pm

Jesse wrote:Lots and lots of favorites here. But this week we've been in touch with Diplo, Santigold, Animal Collective, Pete Townshend, Daft Punk, Flying Lotus, and visited with Yeasayer, Jazzy Jeff and going to see Kenny Dope and DJ Spinna in a minute here, all using Live...some new movies coming soon.
Jesse
+1 Animal Collective---Tho I know live they strip things down to Roland SP-555's

jamesp

Post by jamesp » Fri May 15, 2009 4:07 pm

I've mentioned it before, and not sure whether he's still doing this, but the last time I saw guitarist Pierre Bensusan he was piping thru Live.

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Fri May 15, 2009 4:13 pm

squelcht wrote:
Jesse wrote:Lots and lots of favorites here. But this week we've been in touch with Diplo, Santigold, Animal Collective, Pete Townshend, Daft Punk, Flying Lotus, and visited with Yeasayer, Jazzy Jeff and going to see Kenny Dope and DJ Spinna in a minute here, all using Live...some new movies coming soon.
Jesse
+1 Animal Collective---Tho I know live they strip things down to Roland SP-555's
Just read a Sound on Sound article on the recording of their newest album. They didn't use Ableton for recording. Probably for performing though.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Sat May 16, 2009 3:05 am

Straaatch, Stereoheroes, Mustard Pimp, me.