ot: finding a nord modular G2 in NYC

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thesmallisbeautiful

ot: finding a nord modular G2 in NYC

Post by thesmallisbeautiful » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:23 pm

Hey, I know this isn't all that live-related, but I want to put it out there.

I am going to NYC from Berlin in January to work on a record with a band there. I will be doing mostly drum machines and synth patching. I would like to use my nordG2, but I don't know if I really want to fly with it. The engineer said that he's having trouble finding a G2 to rent for a reasonable price (although ironically the G1 is everywhere and cheap, odd). I was wondering if anyone here might either know somewhere that would be good to check to rent one, or perhaps know someone with a G2 they don't need for the month who would like to make a few bucks for doing nothing.

It's a legit recording at a real studio http://stratospheresound.com/ not some dude's bedroom, so it will be in a safe environment.

Just asking.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:00 am

why don't you just buy one on ebay and sell it when you're done with it for the same price? would be a much better use of your money I would think.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:00 am

Maybe try CraigsList.org and ask on there
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

Johnisfaster

Re: ot: finding a nord modular G2 in NYC

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:10 am

thesmallisbeautiful wrote:Hey, I know this isn't all that live-related, but I want to put it out there.

I am going to NYC from Berlin in January to work on a record with a band there. I will be doing mostly drum machines and synth patching. I would like to use my nordG2, but I don't know if I really want to fly with it. The engineer said that he's having trouble finding a G2 to rent for a reasonable price (although ironically the G1 is everywhere and cheap, odd). I was wondering if anyone here might either know somewhere that would be good to check to rent one, or perhaps know someone with a G2 they don't need for the month who would like to make a few bucks for doing nothing.

It's a legit recording at a real studio http://stratospheresound.com/ not some dude's bedroom, so it will be in a safe environment.

Just asking.
actually you might want to consider just sending it by postal. pack it up very very safe with bubbles and foam and a good box and insure the package and then ship it to where you're going. it would be WAY safer than flying with it and way cheaper than renting I would think.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.