gotta hand it to em (FL Grossbeat)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dna598

gotta hand it to em (FL Grossbeat)

Post by dna598 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:21 pm

hi,check this out:

http://www.image-line.com/documents/grossbeat.html

gotta hand it them with this plug in, aside from casually wondering how the hell to use Fruity's seemingly useful other tools ( i never got into it)

They seem to have a lot of bases covered.

But this plug really gives the beat repeat (a plug unsurpassed, until now?) a run for its host exclusive money!!

All it means is that an old logic 5 dog like me can get useable tight beat repeat functionality in my old prog.No more drum programming!! yay! best of both worlds!!

Yes i use the beat repeat so i dont have to edit midi anymore! i admit it!

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Nice!
gona download the demo.

dna598

Post by dna598 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:37 pm

Hi,

just thought id show anyone whos interested(ABES) how this plug works kinda in a more advanced way than beat repeat.( I downloaded the demo)

In the pic below you can see i have a line automating the patch number of the plug in arrange view.
Within every patch is this graph, in which u manipulate time.
Its similar to just automating a beat repeat grid parameter in arrangement, except its stored in the plug in patch.
U just trigger crap loads of different fills.
I use beat repeat in a similar way automating grid (repeat on) and bypass buttons.
But unlike beat repeat, with this you have wysiwyg control over every nuance of a TWO bar buffer.
I took the pic with this menu bar open to show that u can then manipulate the graph from simple but useful steps like the one shown into some pretty mad stuff.

I have tested it and it works pretty well, sometimes the timing isnt as tight as beat repeat, but considering the decent interface and creative options thats actually ok.

Doesnt work in logic 5.5 though oh well.

So im still stuck on gazzillion track (no folders) view with ableton still.

Could be worse!!