best x-mas ever

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:10 pm

Nice one! Congrats...

There's time for everything! :D

Hd

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:03 am

Congratulations!

stutter

Post by stutter » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:18 pm

congratulations

forge

Post by forge » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:33 pm

Machinate wrote:
Arnold-Rimmer wrote:
hambone1 wrote:
people is what Christmas is all about, not shallow materialism.

Actually, Christmas is meant to be about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, but I'll also settle for shallow materialism.
nope, actually "christmas" is a converted form of winter solstice - celebrating the return of the light.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solstice#S ... lebrations

AKA cultural empirialism ;)
+1

I want to claim it back of those bastard christians, how dare they steal our winter solstice! :evil:

but the more important point - CONGRATS PEPE!!!!!

welcome to the club!

to give you an insight - in 7 years time you will quite possibly be sitting in your underwear on the sofa making mechano or lego because you weren't allowed to get dressed or make a cup of tea and the Xmas legos must be built!!!! NOW DAD!!!!

Boys are the best fun for a dad - I basically spent the whole of 2006 playing lego and playstation and going swimming - it just turned out that way - I've had to work and stuff since then, but the point is having a boy is awesome fun for a bloke because it's an opportunity to relive your own childhood! 8)

also - when they hit 4 is when the most fun begins because they get a rush of testosterone and go from fluffy things like thomas the tank engine and bob the builder to star wars and rockets and turbo charged super cars etc.....

surprising how many people have said the same thing too - at 4 years old that testosterone kicks in

but until then it's a different kind of fun

best of luck with it all mate! ;-)

darkcatt

Post by darkcatt » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Congratz!
Computer games don't effect kids... If Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music
http://www.reverbnation.com/blackcatcrossing
http://theblackcatcrossing.com/

Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:47 pm

Congratulations to you! My daughter is 16 months old now and I can only say that I love her more with each passing month.

Good health to you and your new family.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:45 pm

yeeeeahhhh Boooooyyyyy! Nice one geez.

I've been on a fiour day bender myself....continuing through to Monday.

Did go for a walk with t'kids today though, nearly killed myself in a river. :lol:

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:17 am

Congratulations Pepe :D
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:51 pm

Congrats pepe, way to give yourself a present, huh? :)

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Thanks everyone. The lady and the lad are well. I am a proud daddy now! Now let's see how much time will be left for the music ... up until now nearly none, but I imagine in a couple of days we will get some routine and I might disappear some hours into the studio again.

Enjoy your new year's eve everyone. I'll be home with my family 8O

pixelbox

Post by pixelbox » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:11 pm

pepezabala wrote:Thanks everyone. The lady and the lad are well. I am a proud daddy now! Now let's see how much time will be left for the music ... up until now nearly none, but I imagine in a couple of days we will get some routine and I might disappear some hours into the studio again.

Enjoy your new year's eve everyone. I'll be home with my family 8O
No, unfortunately, you've got about 2 years to go before you can get back into your music again, but don't worry! It won't go away, and instead, you'll be creating a wonderful bond with your son!

Congrats!
Before speaking, learn telling. And to tear magic from science is very dumb pupil-like.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:33 pm

pixelbox wrote:No, unfortunately, you've got about 2 years to go before you can get back into your music again
Not universally true - thankfully :-)

Set up a workstation ready to go, and you can make great music in the little moments "in-between". Also, making music with a little kid arming the midi controller is great fun!
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.