is Israeli response to Palestinians disproportionate?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live

is Israeli response to Palestinians disproportionate?

yes
70%
no
30%

Total votes: 124

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:18 am

ultra wrote: if this forum doubles as a general chat room, no problem. it wasn't a matter of stumbling into this thread thinking it was related to live, i was asking if the topic had any place on this forum.

it was said (in jest, i guess) that live related topics would get a post asking the author to keep it in a live related category. if the posts weren't supposed to be in this category, that would make the people posting here "confused".
Fair enough. Sorry for my kind of snarky response above.

It does double as a general chat room for many of us, as there is not a dedicated "OT" section on the forum. I'm of the same mind as johnny72, I think there should be a dedicated OT section, and this section should be named "general Live discussion" or "general music" - whatever.

It would take probably 5 minutes to implement. But on the other hand I only want that because I get tired of all of the "this is sposed to be just about Ableton" comments that inevitably pop up in OT discussions. (nothing personal against you, just explaining why I got snarky)

I also agree with Tone Deft, this arrangement has worked fine for a lot of years, so why should they bother.

Regarding OT discussions in general - We all have interests outside of Ableton, obviously.

Some of us think the board should be for Live related discussions only and some of us like to participate in "OT" discussions only when it interests us and bitch about it when it doesn't.

There are a lot of us like to discuss our outside interests because being Live users is what brought us here in the first place and is one commonality that we all share.

Another commonality is that many of us are artists, and for a lot of us these subjects have profound impact on, and shape the work that we do. So it seems natural to want to discuss these things with other artists.

I don't know, I've been here since I bought live in 2003, this is how it has always been.

If Ableton staff were to post a sticky asking us to keep discussion on live only I'd still read this forum a lot, but I'd post here probably only a few times a year. Most of what I want to know about Live is covered in the manual, or has been answered here already multiple times and can be found with a quick search.

Some people people just want to talk tech, or theory; debate sampling rates and midi vs. OSC - that's their thing. I think that's cool and I admire their intelligence, so much of it is just so far over my head.

Others, like me for example, prefer to talk about the world and the things that move them.

But we all use live.

Well apparently most of us do? (I'm also curious as to who here doesn't use Live)

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:35 pm

smutek wrote: But we all use live.

Well apparently most of us do? (I'm also curious as to who here doesn't use Live)
Tone Bereft was just projecting.
spreader of butter

forge

Post by forge » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Tone Deft wrote: Image
:lol: :lol: I just logged into this thread after ignoring it for a while and I'm glad this it's where it's at now

diverdee

Post by diverdee » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:08 pm