is Israeli response to Palestinians disproportionate?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

is Israeli response to Palestinians disproportionate?

yes
70%
no
30%

Total votes: 124

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:12 pm

ultra wrote:i failed to notice that it's a non-live category because i do see so many live related discussions here.

good idea to let people know where to post. a lot are confused (including myself).

ultra
There are sections on this forum for tips and tricks, bugs, posting music, events, and a feature wish list.

This is the general section of the ableton forum.

Maybe google the word "general" for a definition?

Or, based on the thread title you could surely ascertain that this is a non ableton related thread and choose to ignore it.

Sorry, I'm just not sure exactly what you or these other people are confused about.

ultra

Post by ultra » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:33 pm

i said i didn't notice. i read "general" as "live in general". why bother choosing to ignore what someone says? especially when what was said was an admission to being incorrect.

i thought it was strange that israel vs. palestine topics were showing up on the ableton forum. but i didn't say i have a problem with it. it just seemed out of place. if this forum doubles as a general chat room, no problem. it wasn't a matter of stumbling into this thread thinking it was related to live, i was asking if the topic had any place on this forum.

it was said (in jest, i guess) that live related topics would get a post asking the author to keep it in a live related category. if the posts weren't supposed to be in this category, that would make the people posting here "confused".

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:36 pm

ultra wrote:i said i didn't notice. i read "general" as "live in general". why bother choosing to ignore what someone says? especially when what was said was an admission to being incorrect.

i thought it was strange that israel vs. palestine topics were showing up on the ableton forum. but i didn't say i have a problem with it. it just seemed out of place. if this forum doubles as a general chat room, no problem. it wasn't a matter of stumbling into this thread thinking it was related to live, i was asking if the topic had any place on this forum.

it was said (in jest, i guess) that live related topics would get a post asking the author to keep it in a live related category. if the posts weren't supposed to be in this category, that would make the people posting here "confused".
what's worse is that there are people posting in this thread that don't even use Live.

think about that.

if they actually knew politics they'd go to a political forum.

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:18 am

Tone Deft wrote: what's worse is that there are people posting in this thread that don't even use Live.
There are 8O
How do you know that?

Any ways..
where you been?
I've missed ya!
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

jonny72

Post by jonny72 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:19 am

smutek wrote:
ultra wrote:i failed to notice that it's a non-live category because i do see so many live related discussions here.

good idea to let people know where to post. a lot are confused (including myself).

ultra
There are sections on this forum for tips and tricks, bugs, posting music, events, and a feature wish list.

Or, based on the thread title you could surely ascertain that this is a non ableton related thread and choose to ignore it.

Sorry, I'm just not sure exactly what you or these other people are confused about.
Its logical to assume that a forum called "general" in an "Ableton Live" forum would be for "general Ableton Live" discussions. On most forums threads like this would be viewed as "off topic" and be placed in a forum called "off topic".

That obviously isn't how it works here though, which is strange at first.

Personally I'd prefer it if they re-organised the forums but that ain't going to happen.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:23 am

jonny72 wrote:
smutek wrote:

ultra

Its logical to assume that a forum called "general" in an "Ableton Live" forum would be for "general Ableton Live" discussions. On most forums threads like this would be viewed as "off topic" and be placed in a forum called "off topic".

Personally I'd prefer it if they re-organised the forums but that ain't going to happen.
Ableton prides themselves on having a practically moderation free forum, over time it's attracted some flies. they could stand to just delete some threads.

Homes- I tuned out over Xmas vacation, now it's back to work, chained in front of a computer again. I surfed the entire rest of the internet, now it's back to here.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:28 am

jonny72 wrote:
smutek wrote:

ultra

Well geez, Imagine my confusion when I had Tips for Israeli's and Tricks for Palestinians in what
I thought was the "appropriate category" I was well embarrassed and confused but technically on-topic :wink:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:31 am

BERLIN (AP new release) - Jan09, 08 - Ableton forum members come to an agreement on the crisis in the middle east. Peace restored for the first time in 8,000 years.

ultra

Post by ultra » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:33 am

haha :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:00 am

Tone Deft wrote:
ultra wrote:i said i didn't notice. i read "general" as "live in general". why bother choosing to ignore what someone says? especially when what was said was an admission to being incorrect.

what's worse is that there are people posting in this thread that don't even use Live.

think about that.

if they actually knew politics they'd go to a political forum.
I've put a solid effort into posting good topics in inappropriate places.

dcease

Post by dcease » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:16 am

^that was great :lol: i miss the pr0nbots :cry: so much live-ly conversations...

glad this thread is finally off topic!!! :)

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:12 am

Btw, the answer is 14 milliseconds.

dcease

Post by dcease » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:26 am

wut, how long it takes you to cum? :lol:

alright, i won't jack your thread no mo' :P

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:30 am

Ed Banger? I don't even know her!

and now for something completely different...

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:34 am

dcease wrote:wut, how long it takes you to cum? :lol:

alright, i won't jack your thread no mo' :P
:roll: Obviously you don't know a thing about "side-chain ball slapping compression"

You should really pay more attention and hit the pipe again.

I'm off to get a cantaloupe