Beaten up by the Police.....second time in three years!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Are the Police too heavy handed often?

Yes, the police use too much force
50%
No, the Police are too soft
32%
Punch me again....I'm a maso!!!!!
18%

Total votes: 28

photonal

Beaten up by the Police.....second time in three years!!!!!!

Post by photonal » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Having lived in Berlin for over ten years now, I really like the place. The darker side though is that the Police can be very heavy handed, even brutal!!

I was attacked and beaten up by plain clothes police officers in the Summer of 2005 - that was bad enough - I even had to pay damages to those Police Officers because *my* blood ruined *their* clothes etc!!!!!!!! I took them to court for "Korperverletzung im Amt" (assault charges) but lost my case (by a hair according to my lawyer). Having got over it, three years later it has happened to me again. This time, instead of hiding away for a few weeks(!!!), I have been to the British Embassy and the press.

For those who can understand German, here is the article in the 'die tageszeitung' newspaper.

http://www.taz.de/regional/berlin/aktue ... atzwunden/

Comment:

http://www.taz.de/regional/berlin/aktue ... gerspitze/

All the best everyone for 2009!
photonal
Last edited by photonal on Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pixelbox

Post by pixelbox » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:45 pm

Stop breaking the law and you won't get beat up.
Before speaking, learn telling. And to tear magic from science is very dumb pupil-like.

8O

Post by 8O » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:49 pm

Sorry to hear it. Took a look at the articles and the linked police report - http://www.berlin.de/polizei/presse-fah ... index.html - wanna give your side of the story?

Never had any problems with the police here - so far - but that's just cos in Germany the riot police are mass produced in a factory in Bavaria, they're huge, massive mutants of men, and I'm not gonna try it on with them, no way... :)

photonal

Post by photonal » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:57 pm

pixelbox wrote:Stop breaking the law and you won't get beat up.
both times *I didn't*!

photonal

Post by photonal » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:58 pm

8O wrote:Sorry to hear it. Took a look at the articles and the linked police report - http://www.berlin.de/polizei/presse-fah ... index.html - wanna give your side of the story?

Never had any problems with the police here - so far - but that's just cos in Germany the riot police are mass produced in a factory in Bavaria, they're huge, massive mutants of men, and I'm not gonna try it on with them, no way... :)
the taz newspaper has reported my side well:

http://www.taz.de/regional/berlin/aktue ... atzwunden/

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:01 pm

Hey man, a great deal of us don't read German so why don't you state the situation on the board here in English.

8O

Post by 8O » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:01 pm

Ok, so why did you run away and smack the guy in the face again? Just interested, no worries if you can't discuss it for whatever reason...

photonal

Post by photonal » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:07 pm

8O wrote:...smack the guy in the face again? Just interested, no worries if you can't discuss it for whatever reason...
i never hit anyone in the first place - where did you read that? - i never hit anyone in the face.

Sorry I don't have a translation for non-german readers.

8O

Post by 8O » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:10 pm

In the police report:
Als die 39 und 54 Jahre alten Polizisten den Mann ansprachen, flüchtete dieser in einen Hauseingang und schlug dem ihn verfolgenden 39-Jährigen unvermittelt ins Gesicht.
I mean I'm taking all the police report with a pinch of salt, but it does say you hit him first in the face!

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:11 pm

photonal wrote:
8O wrote:...smack the guy in the face again? Just interested, no worries if you can't discuss it for whatever reason...
i never hit anyone in the first place - where did you read that? - i never hit anyone in the face.

:?: This happened TO YOU and you felt important enough to post and you can't tell us the situation in English? Are your memories only in German?

photonal

Post by photonal » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:26 pm

8O wrote:In the police report:
Als die 39 und 54 Jahre alten Polizisten den Mann ansprachen, flüchtete dieser in einen Hauseingang und schlug dem ihn verfolgenden 39-Jährigen unvermittelt ins Gesicht.
I mean I'm taking all the police report with a pinch of salt, but it does say you hit him first in the face!
Unfortunately, Police lie, even in court - as I have experienced first hand.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:31 pm

I'm thinking you deserved it.

:wink:

8O

Post by 8O » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:36 pm

photonal wrote:
8O wrote:In the police report:
Unfortunately, Police lie, even in court - as I have experienced first hand.
Man, that sucks... Good luck...

t1mp

Post by t1mp » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:36 pm

so for those of us who don't read german, can you explain what happened?

photonal

Post by photonal » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:42 pm

beats me wrote:
photonal wrote:

:?: This happened TO YOU and you felt important enough to post and you can't tell us the situation in English? Are your memories only in German?
Of course they're not. It's not easy you know to recount this stuff.

The compact version is that I was beaten up by Police *again* last saturday night. A Police car stopped beside me just as I had got home. They wanted to do a Bike check. My previous experience didn't help and I suddenly panicked and ran to the entrance of where I live. I was really scared because I had already been badly beaten up by Police for *no reason*! and wanted to avoid that happening again.

I didn't manage to stop them getting in. Initially there were two officers there but very quickly there were more. It all happened very quickly - again no chance given to explain anything. They immediately began hitting me and even smashing my head with a trungeon (I got stitches later in hospital for four head wounds - the police reported just *one* head wound). Somehow I managed to get to my appartment (I repeat *without* smashing back in return - I just pushed my way out of them).

By this time there were over six police officers there! The attack didn't stop! I shouted for help the whole time too. Thank god a neighbour came down and that really helped - the police calmed down but even threatened my neighbour too: because he was preventing police from carrying out their *work*!!!!

Eventually, an ambulance arrived and I was given first-aid and taken to hospital where I was treated and my injuries were stitched.

I have cuts and bruises all over my body, serious injuries to my head and I'm scared to go outside!! I doubt I'll be going out tomorrow night!