Why Eric Prydz... Why!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mkelly

Post by mkelly » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:08 pm

funky shit wrote:But to say somebody should just give up djing and stick with producing because of their fear is just being a dick

:?
But it's true. If he is being booked into festivals on the other side of the planet as part of his DJing career, but pulls out due to a fear of flying (or anything that prevents him from getting on that plane) then maybe he's not cut out for it. He could just stick to DJing locally.

Sometimes you gotta accept your limitations. I'm not a world class DJ because I'm shit at DJing. I know my limitations and accept them. That said, I do seem to continue trying to produce - dunno what that's about. ;-)
Live 7, Logic Studio 8, Mac Pro 8-core/2.26/6GB, OS X 10.5.6, Saffire Pro 40, Alesis M1 Active 520s, Remote SL 37, Virus TI Snow, Nord Rack 2, Zebra 2, Sylenth1

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:16 pm

Maby a boat a couple of weeks ago would have been a good call.

Or an F15 8O

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:18 pm

There's plenty of well known DJs and producers whose entire career of "world tours" consists of 15 locations in the UK and that's about it.

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:40 pm

haha,
too bad for everybody who bought tickets in advance.

but then: HAHA!

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:43 pm

I have an irrational fear of flying, but only if i cant see the pilot. I can fly in a small plane or helicopter where i can talk and hear the pilot. but Stick me in one of those commercial death tubes and I freak out. very odd

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:48 pm

I find it easiest to fly right after a relationship ends and you currently don't have the will to live.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:59 pm

beats me wrote:I find it easiest to fly right after a relationship ends and you currently don't have the will to live.
I find it easier to do a lot of stuff in those situations.

I walk around town with no shirt on.

one

Post by one » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:05 pm

Is it really beacause of flight panic? Don't know, but this all sounds more like "He took too much drugs and is now incapable of doing anything but sleeping, and now we need any excuse to let him look good in the public"..

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:33 pm

funky shit wrote:Are some of you taking the piss or are you just complete assholes?
The man tried to get on the plane twice. He had a panic attack.
The fear could be anything. Fear of crashing. Fear of not being in control.

I know some people who hate being stuck at traffic lights and afriad of elevators.

I myself sometimes get edgy goin up escaltors. I think thats a fear of heights though.

But to say somebody should just give up djing and stick with producing because of their fear is just being a dick

:?

And its not as if he does this all the time. Im not getting at the OP. Of course he should be pissed. And the amount of money he paid should have been refunded. But no need for the amount of shittyness in this thread.
That was my point, to call him out on being a wuss for not flying -

If you're going to be a touring dj somethings you just need to get over somethings (like flying) they have medication for such anxieties

otherwise you could take trains to your domestic gigs and boats to your overseas shows < - that's what Ron D Core does...I booked him once and only once because a $700 dollar (1999 dollars) train ticket just wasn't worth it < - > from LA to SEA mind you

somethings just go with the territory - if you're not willing to make an effort to deal with those obstacles perhaps, just perhaps, djing in foreign countries just is not for you...

again great producer, no doubt - but flying is one of the most safest forms of travel today - business people fly everyday, top jocks like Dan and Donald fly all the time, college students fly every 3 to 4 months, and little kids fly home to grandmas at least once to twice a year BY THEMSELVES

a grown man who is afraid of flying is just weird - just plain weird
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:45 pm

yeah, but do you know how much a train ticket from the UK to Australia would cost?? BILLIONS!!!

certainly a DJ could find some quality tranquilizers to take on the trip.

a few of those little vodka bottles and Alka Seltzer Cold and Flu and I'm OUT! I hate to fly, bought a PSP, works great, keep the head busy with GTA so it can't fixate on every little bump. also it seems that most planes have TVs in every seat, GREAT way to keep distracted.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:54 pm

Tone Deft wrote:yeah, but do you know how much a train ticket from the UK to Australia would cost?? BILLIONS!!!
Reminds of when I once had to explain to somebody why I couldn't ship something from California to Hawaii by UPS Ground which they thought would be cheaper than air.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:57 pm

I just got over my phobia of leaving the couch and now I'm in my studio - too bad I have a phobia of making music so I'm just going to mix - uh oh
Ableton | Elektron

Music