All times are UTC

Post subject: Live effects on live audio in
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:23 am 

Let me apologize first-- 'cause this question has sure been asked before-- but I couldn't locate an answer....

Is there a way to have my Live-In audio effected by effects in real time? I hear my audio fine, but any effects I drop on the audio do not effect it in real time (only when I play the recorded audio back).

Once again, I'm sure this has been asnwered before, so sorry for beating a dead horse.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:35 am 

that's weird. are you sure you have the effect as an insert on the track you are playing and not on a send track or something? sorry if this seems like a dumb suggestion. just thought it may be a possibility if you were really new to the program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 5:18 pm 
i understand what you were saying dave, i'm running into the same problem.. i think when the input is used in real time, i think it just plays thru... i also have a question very related to yours.. i am using osx/core audio .. i can only hear the input if my prelisten is activated. my track activator is not green, but white.. is the live input only made for live recording, or can it be used like a mixer(which makes no difference to me since i have a 8ch numark mixer just lying around).. it will also be nice to hear if anyone has found a way around the live input no real time effects problem...

Neil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:32 am 

I monitor thru effects.

I use a tascam us 428 and OS X - a good setup imho

Make sure you have audio preferences set to 'monitor through' on
Make sure you have the input device in the session view set to one of your hardware inputs.

you will encounter some latency, you can adjust this pretty low in os x.

Useable for playing guitar through, might p!ss off some vocalists if you make them monitor through it in cans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:29 pm 
thanks songcarver, just read it in the manual after i posted it... anywwwayss... has anyone tried out the osx plugins out there yet.. altho not allot, but at least the Ohm Force(love that ohm force) has joined in .. also if you download the demos, you can use them without any protection with Live, unlike with a audio editor where as it comes out as static...

they have a bunch of em in osxaudio.com