What would be your ultimate MIDI controller?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
condra

Post by condra » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:48 am

Silwolffe wrote:Something along the lines of this:
Indeed. but made (of good honest plastic for all I care) by Behringer or M-Audio, for half the price. Please. :D

Mesmer

Post by Mesmer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:13 am

I was so happy with this:

Add a half br2k half bf2k bastard child and I'm done.
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

ton

Re: What would be your ultimate MIDI controller?

Post by ton » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Imo there is no need to put all features into a single unit, more important would be doing something which does not exist yet and which would add to all your other controllers you already have. Looking from this perspective I would say:

8 x 32 Matrix grid buttons, where the buttons can get any color, using RGB mixing, and those colors should be programmable via Midi and/or OSC and a .dll which can take input via the command line, also to control the RGB colors of this big 8 x 32 button Matrix.

Another requirement would be being cheaper than 1 x BCR2000 or at maximum cheaper than 2 x BCR2000's prize.
There is no need on the programmability of the midi buttons inside the device, this you can do externally, re-mapping midi note pitches or CC values. Even a fixed midi output would be ok. So you would have mainly only the hardware material and development costs for the whole unit.

Offering 3-4 midi inputs, 3-4 midi outputs.

Buying a case, buttons, RGB LEDs, constant midi output, programmability of the button colors via Midi or OSC. To my knowledge there is no such device in the world yet. Here is something similar: http://luxiium.com/en/product_01.php

ton

Re:

Post by ton » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:23 pm

ze2be wrote:buttons, designed ergonomically for 10 fingers.
Homerow of the pc keyboard?

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Novation Remote Zero SL + Launchpad is the best combo for me. However, I'd REALLY like hard plastic rubberized knobs and aluminum casing... I'd pay another $100 for it.

If I played gigs a lot, I'd probably ask a metalworking company to create replacement cases for my plastic stuff. :)

ultra

Post by ultra » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:59 pm

the_planet wrote:If I played gigs a lot, I'd probably ask a metalworking company to create replacement cases for my plastic stuff. :)
almost no gigging musician could afford that :)
LiveAPI programmers: join my google group
http://groups.google.com/group/ableton-liveapi