ex student jacks my name and my music

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
leisuremuffin

ex student jacks my name and my music

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:17 pm

so every once in a while i have a quick vanity google. Y'know, search for my name while listening to my own music and having a wank and a tall glass of water.

there's really nobody out there other than me who's goofy enough to call themselves "leisure muffin" so a google search for that usually brings up just me.

however, recently i noticed that somebody had been using leisure muffin as their game name for xbox or playstation or some crap like that. I also noticed that there were some posts on other forums from somebody calling themselves "leisure muffin." So, being naturally curious about someone else who would be funny enough to come up with such a name; i went to investigate.

well, it turns out that the young fellow who's going around calling himself "leisure muffin" is an old student of mine from my sad SAE days. Well, everybody at SAE called me Muffin as short for Leisure Muffin. So basically, this kid liked my name and decided to jack it. OK, so whatever, i don't really care, it's not like i can really care about somebody jacking my nickname, but i do also perform as leisure muffin, so if he were to be doing music as LM i'd be upset. So i track down the kids myspace and check it out. so far so good, he's got a different name for his musical project (which is pretty terrible) and i just shoot him a message that says something like "hey, whats up? so you like my name, huh? whatever, its just a name but i think it's lame that you couldn't come up with your own"

However, as i investigate further, i find that this motherfucker has a video up on you tube with my fucking music in it. Basically he took one of my tracks, threw up some vids of explosions and michael jackson's thriller and called it one of his "video installations" No mention of who composed the music. hm. so i sent him a pretty nasty message. He hasn't responded to either of my notes yet.

what do you think i should do to this kid? castration? broom-handle up the arse?

opinions and suggestions please.

.lm.

here's the video, BTW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVVuHhH7Llg
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

mrsakitumi

Post by mrsakitumi » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm

threaten to tell his mom...
little mommies boy will probably come clean....
maybe use the other side of the broom?
...and it's mr sakitumi (too late to change profile name)...damn
LIVE, DS lite, a tambourine, tape recorder.
http://www.soundcloud.com/mrsakitumi
http://www.facebook.com/mrsakitumi
http://www.youtube.com/mrsakitumi
http://www.twitter.com/mrsakitumi

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:27 pm

The guy should right now close his myspace and take off the video on youtube...
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:29 pm

That's insane...

I say you print something from his MySpace, something with a pic.

Wait till the next full moon, take the pic outside, pour salt on it, piss on the pic, spread cat food on it (something fishy), then light in on fire (inside a small container), close the container, then toss it in a lake/river/ocean. Yeah, and make sure the container sinks...

You shouldn't have any problems after that!!!

:arrow:
If you can imagine it, it can happen...

Contra

Post by Contra » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:30 pm

----
Last edited by Contra on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:43 pm

demand ownership of his first pot noodle and buy his missus a nice bunch of dafodils.
Last edited by Warminstrel on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Contra

Post by Contra » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:54 pm

=------
Last edited by Contra on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

last man on earth

Post by last man on earth » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Send emails to his top friends/band mates, pointing them all to everything you've shown us here, should be pretty embarrasing. Also, comment on his youtube page and his myspace page about where the original stuff is. Myspace forum mods also hang out in the Myspace forum (found here: http://forums.myspace.com/103.aspx?fuse ... .viewforum ) - they can't do a whole lot outside of the forums, but they can bring Myspace admin attention to the dudes profile, and once admin is involved, if you can prove what you say, it won't be long before dude's myspace profile is gone.

If you really want to do something about it.

Good luck with youtube, though - those guys don't care about anybody, they're busy on the daily removing shit that they can get sued for, who cares about an independent artist who got ripped off.

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:04 pm

Have to agree that as he seems more than capable of commiting social suicide on his own that kidnapping and bum rape could be held back untill absolutly neccesary.

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:09 pm

imitation is the highest form of flattery. as a celebrity LM, you should start getting used to it.

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:27 pm

I've had a simmilar problem:

I choose a name (like it or not) thats unique (Warren, musician from place called Warminster = Warminstrel)

Only to find that some spotty role-palying geek has half-inched my monica to play some dungeons and dragons mallarkey.. :?

-------------------

On the other side though is my good friend DJ ***** who spins deep house in the UK, mainly at free parties/raves etc..and has done for at least 15 years...... thats being proper sued my some wannabe, almost famous new 'mod band' from New York called The *****.

I wont use the real names as its not my business but this mate of mines a really chilled out guy and in the past few months has had quite a few sleepless nights after recieving increasingly threatening legal emails to his myspace site.

I suggested the usual 'arse runining' but my mates too damn 'hippy' to get mad!

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:30 pm

hey LM, go see a doctor, you might suffer from a multiple identity syndrome.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:42 pm

well, i don't think i can do much to make him look bad, he's already pretty terrible. I just don't want to be associated with his douchebaggery.

his myspace is "godsizedhole" If you have a look at it you can tell that he's lacking in the taste and talent departments. But, luckily his myspace page is 100% leisure muffin free. no jacked stuff on there.

anyway, thanks for the advice, fella's. A good 'ol fashioned "arse ruining" seems to be the top of the list in my mind so far.

.lm.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:58 pm

maybe my fault for having this track available for free download:

http://music.download.com/sporangia/360 ... g=quickurl

it's an old track, and i don't care about it that much, i mean it is up there for free download. But that doesn't mean it's ok to use without crediting who wrote it.

.lm.

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:16 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:maybe my fault for having this track available for free download:

http://music.download.com/sporangia/360 ... g=quickurl

it's an old track, and i don't care about it that much, i mean it is up there for free download. But that doesn't mean it's ok to use without crediting who wrote it.

.lm.
Maybe he looks up to you. Maybe you should be happy someone liked the track enough to make a fanvid of it.

Maybe you should murder his family...