finding a power supply in Manhattan.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thesmallisbeautiful

finding a power supply in Manhattan.

Post by thesmallisbeautiful » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:04 am

I just came to NYC from Berlin to work on a record, doing electronics and drum machines for a more "rock/pop" oriented band.

They were kind enough to buy me a jomox 888 to use on the record, which I picked up in Berlin so I could learn it for a bit before going. The only issue is that I assumed it would be easy to get a US power supply here so I didn't worry about it.

Now, after many days of pre-prod we're heading to the real studio tomorrow and I still can't find a power supply that works.

I've tried radioshack, guitar center, circuit city, east village guitars and a couple random electronics places in the area and nobody has one.

It's a 10.5v 1.5amp AC plug, but the manual says 12v 2amp will work, but nobody has any of these, or anything close enough to even try.

Does anyone know a good place to get some kind of rare AC power supply?

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:16 am

Did you try Rogue Music on W 30th Street btw 7th & 8th?

How about Main Drag in Williamsburg?

Unfortunatly it can be really hard to find stuff in NYC. Even finding a decent bagle is hard to do here....

thesmallisbeautiful

Post by thesmallisbeautiful » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:29 am

I'll try rogue for sure, I was thinking of trying B&H too just in case. The studio is in chelsea so we're not too far. I used to live here before I moved to Berlin but I never really bought gear here besides craigslist stuff. I would rather not have to send the runner to Brooklyn but if it gets to that point maybe I'll have no choice.

Thanks for the tips.