Israel: Boycott, divest, sanction

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:14 am

Tone Deft wrote: btw is it poor form to post pics like those?
My opinion, yes.

jonny72

Post by jonny72 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:18 am

What I'm finding a bit sad at the moment is that this thread was pretty much dead for about 6 hours starting at roughly 11am yesterday, previous to and after that its had an almost regular stream of posts.

I wonder if there was a similar lull in the Middle East as people on both sides paused to take in the monumental Live 8 announcements, followed by a heated yet friendly discussion of its merits.

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:19 am

8O

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:16 am

Tone Deft wrote:sometimes I gotta laugh too.

I can choose what I read.

so much bad news in the world.

btw is it poor form to post pics like those?
It seems if you're not b0unce you can get away with it? My guess is they haven't noticed them yet.

You do really need to take your paternal attitude somewhere else. There have been maybe two threads here about the current conflict, and like you say the Abes let us talk, which is great. If you'll notice none of us are being jerks about it, except the poor taste in photos on 3dots part.

You can go and make "gay" jokes with your "hetro" friends online in the forums, basically raising the level of homophobia around here, (this is not an idle comment, more than saying faggot etc. making jokes about being gay definitely is branding gays as wrong somehow) but if others try to talk politics you get all pissy???? So who appointed you judge of what OT content could and could not be??
Oh and TOMATO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:12 am

:roll:

you still think I care what you think? you're down there with b0unce when it comes to cred, too much bullshit from you two. I disagree with your accusations and many other things, when are you going to learn? you do this too often. smutek can drop a hint, I get it, you're just a dick. no more of this.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:18 am

I say... buy Israeli tomatoes, they're sweeeet!
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

boomtchik

Post by boomtchik » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:41 am

simpleton wrote:I say... buy Israeli tomatoes, they're sweeeet!
no sorry, they have a phosphorus taste

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:50 am

Tone Deft wrote::roll:

you still think I care what you think? you're down there with b0unce when it comes to cred, too much bullshit from you two. I disagree with your accusations and many other things, when are you going to learn? you do this too often. smutek can drop a hint, I get it, you're just a dick. no more of this.
Last response to you in a political thread, ever if I can help it. You don't care about this stuff, you add nothing to the conversation, yet you constantly join in to be a dick to the people who do care, I'm not bothering to listen anymore either, it's all ego tripping on your part. And yes, it's partially my fault for responding, but you set me up every time with posts like your condemnation of people talking OT on L8 day.

In on topic threads you're cool, OT politics of any kind, you're a control freak, name calling, troll, that's all. See you in on topic threads.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:32 am

3dot... wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: and when people or countries have "problems" with the UN, it's almost always because they want to break the rules of warfare the world decided upon. UN spokespeople are not on the payroll of Hamas, sorry.
um.... I think shooting FROM a populated area is a war crime as well ...
and shooting from a populated area ...targeting another populated area is
DOUBLE JEOPARDY
seems like Hamas has won the pot...

This doesn't make any sense, Israel and Gaza are all populated areas, and war generally isn't fought in some sort of arena, it's in cities etc. Ask the UN which side is committing bigger war crimes, and I'm not sure you'll like the response.

Machinesworking wrote: Israel isn't the only country to start fighting wars with the idea of limiting your casualty rate at all costs, no matter if it might possibly break the rules of war, it's pretty common these days, doesn't make it right.
let's see now...

well... they say
"all is fair in love and war"
but...
I dunno...
going to war... you can end up dead... and everyone knows this...
it's not a fucking FSP video game...
AND of course no leader/commander will try to 'even out' the death toll numbers...
pshh....

let's see now...

the Hamas promised that they will spill our blood in the streets of Gaza...
today.they sent a message to random cell phones in Israel saying...
freaky huh? ...crazy maybe?!
and I quote :
"Hamas is waiting for your sons
in the streets of Gaza
many surprises wait for them.
the least of which is death"

Hamas keeps saying that their victory is near while their towns and people they have hijacked get killed...

they use all their resources to educate towards hatred of Jews.
(yes...not Israelis...Jews...I know you get the difference )
they smuggle in warriors from Iran and weapons .
they are funded by Iran who has an interest in wiping "the zionist entity" off the map.same as Hizbollah which is resting and getting their power back...
waiting for the next Lebanon election so they will take the state legally.
they openly say they want us dead...fuck man !! it's carved on their flags...literally..
they have been offered peace and decided to go the other way...many times..
(let us not forget that the past Arab Israeli wars have made them into refugees)
they have been bribed with money by almost every country in the World...
even Israeli buisnessmen invested in collaborations... in order to make the Palestinians have an economy..
money.... some how didn't go to their people..
but still struggle to maintain even their own unity (fighting one another).
(see:Hamas takes over Gaza in a bloody fucking war financed by Iran)
Americans ... your'e land is filled with blood of indians...
europeans... stfu...

Right, and I for one HATE the fact my land is filled with the blood of indians, it's an awful part of the history of this country and in no way was cool, no matter how 'savage' the indians were painted out as being.

Also, if Iran is funding the crap out of Hamas, how come they can't get anything better than a glorified bottle rocket nto Gaza? They had tunnels and shit? We should at least see some soviet technology shouldn't we? Russia sold some basic stuff to Iran didn't they? curious, not accusatory.
Seems to me Iran is an ally only in words, but hey.
I'm really sorry that it's come to this ... but it is how it is...
play with fucking fire...
get fucking burned...

I'm not saying the Palestinians haven't suffered ... and need reprise...
Understood, somebody really needs to introduce the region to Martin Luther King and Gandhi.
I'm just saying...
messing around like this with a country with many WW2 Holocaust survivors...
that carved on it's flag 'NEVER AGAIN' and built an army in order to ensure that...
sayin' stuff about wanting to eliminate us..
and that we are no more than dogs and monkeys...
welll...
it brings back some wrong memories...
it's kind of the wrong approach....you hear what I'm saying...?
Fully, it's why I sometimes wonder if the English power elite who OK'd the handover of Israel weren't aware of the bees nest they were stirring up.
anyways...
all you fuckers in every other country in the world (including the fucking swiss)
would respond to threats like these...and if not... well you wouldn't be human...
it's called survival instincts...

it's not right... it's human... ket go of your fantasies and let's make REAL PEACE !!!

FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK
Seriously, I think the sort of universal PTSD on both sides (remember the middle east was one empire pre WWI, and WWI arguably wasn't due to German/Ottoman aggression), that really made this what it is today. That said though, it's similar to me to the tactics our government here used to invade Iraq and institute the Patriot Act. They basically pumped us up with threats from the outside and branded anybody disagreeing as not realizing how big the threat was.

Sure, Israel is surrounded by butthurt countries that are filled with very active extremist parties, and I agree in a strong military presence. I just don't think instituting harsher border restrictions to the point of not allowing food through was a logical choice for not stirring the pot with Hamas, in fact to me it's obvious that some people in the Israeli government were very interested in pressuring Hamas to do something stupid, which of course being proud fundamentalists, they did. The thing reeks of political maneuvering on the part of both Hamas and the current Israeli government. I really see no way any of this will help peace, in any way.

Also to be clear here, my top famous people crushes are filled with jewish women, I have no ill feelings at all that way, in fact I think that as far as ethnic or cultural peoples jewish people are in my most admired list for sure. You could pretty much shoot me dead afterwards and I wouldn't care at all if you could somehow arrange a threesome with Sara Silverman and Natalie Portman. 8O

(though as a side note, the IDF female soldier shots all over the web are such obvious propaganda as to be sort of revolting, war sucks, don't try to put sexy face on it, blah!)

Also, I enjoy your conversations, in general your attitude is cool as hell and I'm sure IRL it's the same, kudos for the civility on such a rough subject! :)

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Yeah, I second the respect to 3dot, not an easy situation to be chill about when it's your home.

I don't agree with the rose colored glasses you see Israel through though, dot. There's some dehumanizing fucked up shit going on there- and don't tell me it's OK because the other side is worse. It's fucked up.

No more fucked than my country, to be sure.

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:47 pm

Doesnt Zionist doctrine call for the ejection of the original inhabitants of Palestine? (answer:yes)
Is israel Zionist? (er, yes).
if not than its surely just fucking stupid, and i know the jews are not stupid.
Isnt all this worse than Hamas calling for the destruction of israel?(yes)

Seeing as the Zionists got there and started terrorising and land grabbing in the early part of the century, and started all of this, i believe like many say, that Israel is the real terrorist.

just a thought....

if you have a name like leibovich for example, i simply cant see how you can have any claim to that part of the world.
Leibovich is the name of that awfully cold, and complicit IDF spokesperson you see on the news justifying Israeli terror,by the way.
If your name is an Arab one, then it surely makes sense.
Blame frickin europe and the usa for gods sake.
It's their fault.
The Israeli's are like bullied schoolchildren inflicting their past nightmare on the poor arab population.

ps.

smartass 303 is clearly not very smart, from what i have read.

Chang

Post by Chang » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:58 pm

dna598 wrote:Doesnt Zionist doctrine call for the ejection of the original inhabitants of Palestine? (answer:yes)

Seeing as the Zionists got there and started terrorising and land grabbing in the early part of the century, and started all of this, i believe like many say, that Israel is the real terrorist.

ps.

smartass 303 is clearly not very smart, from what i have read.

Let thread drop for god sake. Everything that can be said has been said from every angle. And as for land grabbing as you say, research the 1967 6 day war. Israel did not start the 6 day war in 1967, the arabs did and they lost the very war they started wanted. And when they were defeated by starting a war israel didn't even want, they lost the Gaza strip, the sinai pininsula, west bank and the golan heights to Israel in the process. If they would not have stirred up bees nest with israel to begin with, all that land they wouldn't have lost in first place. They helped create this mess big time for themselves.

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:30 pm

I am not talking 1967, i am talking about the likes of nazi collaborators and european murderers such as The Stern Gang, that are now what you would call the IDF. Before the alien and ridiculously guilt ridden decision of the weak UN to "invent" israel.
That war in 1967 was rightly messed up on the part of the arab countries, they cant organize a piss up in a brewery, unlike the euoropean zionists, who must have come over seen them and thought, " i can buy your dynasty 10 times over, i own a bank in freakin New York, u arab dog." or something.
i will not stop talking about it ,as thats what Israel, the US, and surprisingly (over the many years)lots of weak minded "westerners" want, some of which i call my friends.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:39 pm

dna598 wrote:I am not talking 1967, i am talking about the likes of nazi collaborators and european murderers such as The Stern Gang, that are now what you would call the IDF. Before the alien and ridiculously guilt ridden decision of the weak UN to "invent" israel.
That war in 1967 was rightly messed up on the part of the arab countries, they cant organize a piss up in a brewery, unlike the euoropean zionists, who must have come over seen them and thought, " i can buy your dynasty 10 times over, i own a bank in freakin New York, u arab dog." or something.
i will not stop talking about it ,as thats what Israel, the US, and surprisingly (over the many years)lots of weak minded "westerners" want, some of which i call my friends.
you're so fucking ignorant it's scary...
and racist...

fuck you...

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:41 pm

chrysalis33rpm wrote:Yeah, I second the respect to 3dot, not an easy situation to be chill about when it's your home.

I don't agree with the rose colored glasses you see Israel through though, dot. There's some dehumanizing fucked up shit going on there- and don't tell me it's OK because the other side is worse. It's fucked up.

No more fucked than my country, to be sure.
100% right....
there is an element of brainwash on our side as well...
kinda like keep telling ourselves we 'have no choice'....
there's always a choice....
I was against this operation but my leaders thought it was necessary...
what can I say...
it's ugly...