All times are UTC

Post subject: certain non midi vstis?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:08 am 
I was thinking of getting ableton to use instead of acid, but one of the main reasons was that i thought i could run fruityloops inside it as a VSTi.

doh! it doesnt work! arrgh

I know Ableton does not have a MIDI sequencer whichis normally needed for a VSTi but fruityloops is working by itself and just using the timing and start/stop and position (as far as i know)

syncing programs together with MIDI is pretty crappy for me the midi loopback drivers cause more problems than they solve.

Speaking of ableton though when trying it
once i got over the no right click and stuff of the PC version it seems like a really good program. it is very fun to use and I may buy it anyways but FLP inside ableton instead of a clunky old style "cubecakelogic" would be amazing

Post subject: midi sync to VSTI's
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:39 pm 
I agree with you, I don't need any midi implementation except for vsti midi clock for reator sequencers I've made and fruity. I think this would be a great solution and couldn't be that much of a pain since live supports midi out and can host VST's. But I still love live without it. Best damn live software for shows.

-gnome

'free the music, elliminate the RIAA'
www.azsessions.com