new VIRUS TI2!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
plexiglass

new VIRUS TI2!

Post by plexiglass » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:20 pm

check: http://www.access-music.de/events/2009- ... s_ti2.html

We is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the Virus TI2 series. The successor of the acclaimed range of totally integrated synthesizers adds 25% more calculating power and sports a redesigned housing and front panel. We also used new materials to bring down the weight of the keyboard versions. On the software side of things, a major feature update, OS3, will be available by the time you read this. The new operating system adds several new FX such as a Tape Delay, Frequency Shifter and several new Distortion algorithms along with a new feature called Character.

Character allows you to adjust the overall tone of a preset reminiscent of several vintage and well-known synthesizers. In addition you can emphasis certain aspects of the patch to allow it to cut better through the mix, or fade it into the background with an extra-wide stereo field.

The new distortions were built from scratch and feature an extreme dynamic range along with sophisticated controls to tailor the sound to your specific needs. They can add everything from warm, tube-like overtones to complete sonic deconstruction more reminiscent of circuit-bending. The new algorithms also include a revamped bit and sampling-rate reduction, allowing you to change the quality and cutoff point with precise, continuously variable control.

The stereo Frequency Shifter and the new Ring Modulator are state of the art algorithms modelled with old '70s stomp boxes in mind.

The Tape Delay goes way beyond the possibilities of the real Tape Delays in the '60s and '70s. It smoothly syncs to tempo, lets you decide if a Doppler effect takes place when changing the tempo, and even switching the delay time between presets is all smooth, making it perfect for performers. Last but not least, a modification to the main "VCA" algorithm enables OS3 users to design gating FX known from electro and minimal influenced music.

Virus Control has received a completely redesigned user-interface thanks to various improvement requests over the last years. The plug-in now features a side chain input allowing you to mangle audio from a sequencer track with the FX and sound engine of the hardware Virus (for selected hosts only). The best news, however, is that OS3 is compatible with all legacy Virus TIs and the Virus TI Snow, thus enabling Access' vast user base to update their existing instruments with all the new software features totally free of charge.

OS3 will be available immediately. The Virus TI2, which comes in the following flavours will also be available shortly after NAMM.

Virus TI2 Desktop 19" desktop synthesizer with wooden front application.

Virus TI2 Keyboard 61 keys (semi weighted) keyboard model with wooden side panels.

Virus TI2 Polar 37 keys (synth action) keyboard model with alloy and wooden side panels.

For pricing information please contact your local dealer or distributor.
Last edited by plexiglass on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:26 pm

More importantly, the new TI/2 software is a FREE DOWNLOAD for existing users. Look at those new effects!

Available immediately!

I can't wait to get home and start running this on my Snow!!

It's still early and this is already shapping out to be the best NAMM in years!

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:26 pm

whats the difference. "learn more" wont work.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:30 pm

os3 is already available but as public beta... think i'll wait for official release before i take the plunge. new GUI looks nice. good to see that the new features will be backwards compatible :)

new casings look nice but not a huge difference from the previous models imo.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:32 pm

I already own the Snow and it's tiny.. if they give it an update, physically (which doesn't appear to be the case) I think I can live with it.

I'll beta test this software! If it's a glitchy mess then I simply reinstall the 2.7.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:35 pm

I just realised something.. i think.
The virus TI and virus TI Polar, are the same synthesizer.
Only the polar is smaller?

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:36 pm

aqua_tek wrote:os3 is already available but as public beta... think i'll wait for official release before i take the plunge. new GUI looks nice. good to see that the new features will be backwards compatible :)

new casings look nice but not a huge difference from the previous models imo.
Where did you see a shot of the GUI?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:38 pm

funky shit wrote:I just realised something.. i think.
The virus TI and virus TI Polar, are the same synthesizer.
Only the polar is smaller?
Except for the Snow, they're all the same.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Can someone please add or give me a link, of the new GUI?

Pretty please?!!

plexiglass

Post by plexiglass » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:41 pm

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:42 pm

thelike5 wrote:Can someone please add or give me a link, of the new GUI?

Pretty please?!!
http://www.access-music.de/events/2009- ... s_ti2.html

then check the videos

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Cool, thank you. It's more modern looking, in silver but the layout appears to look the same... which isn't a bad thing.

Thanks again.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Meh, more or less the same thing as before. Still a bad ass keyboard, but a tiny update really. Still USB 1 too.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:54 pm

Tarekith wrote:Meh, more or less the same thing as before. Still a bad ass keyboard, but a tiny update really. Still USB 1 too.
Yeah, USB 1 sucks but the effects on the update sound like they are going to be great and the GUI is a lot nicer to look at.

I still use your patches Tarekith... when are you going to release more?!

:)

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Wow, I use Plugin only so far, but the videos are really looking fine. Thinking of getting a TI now...any ideas how much this might be (in €)?