Upgrade costs?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
steffensen

Post by steffensen » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:28 pm

Does anyone know the answer to my Q?
I may be missing something..

popsicko

Post by popsicko » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:31 pm

Yeah, the upgrade pricing is pretty insulting. I think I may just refuse to do it. I feel it gets more expensive every time and those of us that have been doing it every year don't even benefit from all the cool freebies they give to new customers. jerks!
I think I'm done with Abelton.

rbro

Post by rbro » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:31 pm

I believe you can just upgrade 7 to 8 without the suite, even if you own the suite. My question is what are you getting with the suite upgrade other than Collision and Latin Instruments?

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Live 8 is easily worth twice the price of Live 7...
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

steffensen

Post by steffensen » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Well, for example, isn't Operator a part of the suite? So if i don't update the suit, i wont get the new whistles and bells?

eco

Post by eco » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Is there any chance that the UK can have the US exchange rate prices instead of the euro?

andydes

Post by andydes » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:41 pm

Prices are confusing. Upgrade to 8 Suite can't be the same as upgrade to regular 8 with box. Has to be if you already own 7 suite. Upgrade from 6 to 7 suite was £200 more or something.

steffensen

Post by steffensen » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:45 pm

I really hope one isnt forced to use the upgrade suite, just to be able to get v8 if u got the suite version. I do need the fresh Operator however..

Guess there will be more specified prices later.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:50 pm

steffensen wrote:Thanks for the reply.
Well, for example, isn't Operator a part of the suite? So if i don't update the suit, i wont get the new whistles and bells?
The new version of Operator will be built into the code of Live 8 and unless I'm seriously mistaken the same unlock code will work. So when you upgrade to live 8 you automatically get the new features.

By upgrading the main program you effectively get free upgrades to all your existing licensed instruments.

The suite upgrade price is based on your existing registered products.

Go to this page --> http://www.ableton.com/live-8-upgrades and you will get personalised prices for all your upgrade options.
Last edited by crumhorn on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

anamexis

Post by anamexis » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:52 pm

crumhorn wrote:
The new version of Operator will be built into the code of Live 8 and unless I'm seriously mistaken the same unlock code will work. So when you upgrade to live 8 you automatically get the new features.

By upgrading the main program you effectively get free upgrades to all your existing licensed instruments.
If this were true, then why, as a present owner of 7 Suite, would it cost more for me to upgrade to 8 Suite than simply 8 Live?

jonny72

Post by jonny72 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:55 pm

steffensen wrote:Can i upgrade only Live 7 to v8, even if i own the suite? (i mean without the suite, just to make sure)

Im really not interested in anything in the suite, besides Operator and Sampler.
But i guess, as those are included in the suite, they wont get updated then, or..?
I'm guessing you can as it comes up as an option for me (I've got v7 Suite).

But the Live Suite upgrade is only 30€ more for which you're getting Collision and Latin Percussion as well - that's not too bad is it? I might even pay the extra 70€ for the boxed version to get EIC2 and Session Drums.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:56 pm

anamexis wrote:
crumhorn wrote:

If this were true, then why, as a present owner of 7 Suite, would it cost more for me to upgrade to 8 Suite than simply 8 Live?
Because the new suit includes the Collision and Latin Percussion instruments.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

kramerica

Post by kramerica » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:59 pm

These upgrade prices are most reasonable, imo. I have the suite so to pay $250 and get two new instruments, a looper, vocoder, and everything else is a hell of deal
\,, / (^_^) \,,? /

steffensen

Post by steffensen » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:00 pm

jonny72 wrote:
steffensen wrote:Can i upgrade only Live 7 to v8, even if i own the suite? (i mean without the suite, just to make sure)

Im really not interested in anything in the suite, besides Operator and Sampler.
But i guess, as those are included in the suite, they wont get updated then, or..?
I'm guessing you can as it comes up as an option for me (I've got v7 Suite).

But the Live Suite upgrade is only 30€ more for which you're getting Collision and Latin Percussion as well - that's not too bad is it? I might even pay the extra 70€ for the boxed version to get EIC2 and Session Drums.
Thing is, i really dont need any samples at all. I got the Session drums and EIC2 included with the suite also, but theyre collecting dust atm. So i dont need the Latin percussions etc. Only interested in the update and Operator. So i hope this is possible as said. :)

andydes

Post by andydes » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:01 pm

andydes wrote:Prices are confusing. Upgrade to 8 Suite can't be the same as upgrade to regular 8 with box. Has to be if you already own 7 suite. Upgrade from 6 to 7 suite was £200 more or something.
Oh, wait. That's just my prices. D'oh!