So what did the Abes totally forget to put in Live 8?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SMonk

Post by SMonk » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:49 am

Johnisfaster wrote:
SMonk wrote:Yeah, the lack of something so mundane as a tuner is kinda lame. Haven't found any useable free plug for osx, either.
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/24993

twelve whole dollars.
But that's not free.

Also, though it's a moot point, it doesn't actually work in Live (7). Cocoa.

Ah well. Maybe someone can make one in Max. Or maybe there actually is one, but it's such an un-glamorous thing that it's not even worth mentioning in the new feature list.
Last edited by SMonk on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

SMonk

Post by SMonk » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:51 am

Johnisfaster wrote:here's the truth of it right here

"they didn't FORGET to put anything in it."
True. "What did ableton totally not bother to put in Live 8?" would be more appropriate, but it sounds a bit aggressive. "forget" is much more polite.

JAMM

Post by JAMM » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:04 pm

I wanted BETTER audio performance for my Apple 2.5 DUO core MBP (2008)
Ableton still is running on ONE core and there is a DUO core in my MBP.
So when ik load a few operators and midi stuff the light slowly is going out:(
wondering how the MAX stuff is going to be for the audio performance.

A friend is having the same MBP and a SIX year old Sony vaio and the audio performance is the same! Huh!?

for the rest....I LIKE, I LIKE! and going to upgrade with a smile.
Also going to buy the Akai APC40

ilia

Post by ilia » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Pasha wrote:
ilia wrote:
jamester wrote: Not sure if maybe Live has some of this capability...for example, if I want to change a note in a guitar solo, can I seperate that note out and then crank it up a fifth, say?
???
of course you can, that's what Transpose is for...
Yes, but as a Bass Player I would like an octaver effect (real time) like in Guitar Rig.

- Best
- Pasha
there's a freq shifter in Live 8, which probably does something much weirder than what you want.

but you can sort of set up an octaver with a grain delay set to very short time.

kleine

Post by kleine » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:18 pm

If you want to know how a bass sounds through a Frequency Shifter, here´s a good example:
http://hallgeir.no/hmt/fs-1/fx-demo-fs-mono.mp3

(this example uses a hardware Frequency Shifter)

Best,
Christian

rasputin

Post by rasputin » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:56 pm

andydes wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
andydes wrote:Sure, I think of plenty that would have been nice, but they hit Max, Groove templates, Group tracks, Step sequencer, Crossfades and Elastic Pro warping. That's 6 of the most requested features. You can't argue with that.
Don't forget the looper!
True. And I forgot the end of 128 parameter limit. That's a real biggy too.
OMG I'm delirious with joy.

I'll finallybe able to automate sets where I use (e.g) the Dimension synth!

Yes, I have always upgraded Live, and never really regretted it, even if I haven't always been 100% happy.

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:00 pm

I guess we'll have to wait and see what max for live does for the 2 main omissions imo: session automation and gui modularity/2 monitor support. I guess the max gurus will probably come up with something.

For me, that just leaves one thing, that has increasingly let me a bit frustrated lately: the browser! It couls use some revamping, more customizable, like the number of tabs, what those tabs hold, and a tagging system.

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:47 pm

I've never seen so much bitching over such a mind-blowingly expansive and groundbreaking update in my life. This is the next level of live musical expression and yet we have like 10 pages of bitching over a bunch of mundane bullshit. Damn near every major complaint we had about Live was addressed in this version and then they also went ahead and integrated the most advanced graphical audio/visual/performance software on the planet so that you can DESIGN YOUR OWN FUCKING FEATURES. OMG!!! Gift horse in the mouth, please dont look.

mc1392

OMF support

Post by mc1392 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Will live 8 export to something fitting for pro tools? that would be a nice finishing touch after making something smashing!
mwork

kleine

Re: OMF support

Post by kleine » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:34 pm

mc1392 wrote:Will live 8 export to something fitting for pro tools? that would be a nice finishing touch after making something smashing!
No. We still want to have some work left for the future.

Best,
Christian

Gurulogic

Post by Gurulogic » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Geezus wrote:I've never seen so much bitching over such a mind-blowingly expansive and groundbreaking update in my life. This is the next level of live musical expression and yet we have like 10 pages of bitching over a bunch of mundane bullshit. Damn near every major complaint we had about Live was addressed in this version and then they also went ahead and integrated the most advanced graphical audio/visual/performance software on the planet so that you can DESIGN YOUR OWN FUCKING FEATURES. OMG!!! Gift horse in the mouth, please dont look.
At least it wasn't 10 pages of listening to completely missing the point opinions like yours..
Do you even read beyond the title before posting?Oh well, I guess you are allowed to waste everyones time with pontless mundane bullshit too!
Last edited by Gurulogic on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamester

Post by jamester » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Another thing I'd like to see down the road is per-clip effects.
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

julienb

Post by julienb » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:16 pm

please... if someone doesn't like Live, there are a lot of other software too :)

but please, negative people, be happy with this real finished version :)
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:17 pm

They should'a put a button that when pressed, reverts the program back to Live 3 and gets rid of all the filler.
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

jamester

Post by jamester » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:20 pm

julienb wrote:please... if someone doesn't like Live, there are a lot of other software too :)
I think most everybody in this thread loves Live, that's not the point.
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge