Video in Live 8

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Benshik

Video in Live 8

Post by Benshik » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi guys :)
Live 8 is great, as everybody here can't wait to check the new warping engine, colours, looper and all :)

Anyone knows if there are any news regarding video in live 8? Dunno, video in session view, for example?
Will Max for Live, in addition of washing dishes, handle video (max has a complement called jitter right)??
cheers!

ben

remute

Re: Video in Live 8

Post by remute » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Benshik wrote:Hi guys :)
Live 8 is great, as everybody here can't wait to check the new warping engine, colours, looper and all :)

Anyone knows if there are any news regarding video in live 8? Dunno, video in session view, for example?
Will Max for Live, in addition of washing dishes, handle video (max has a complement called jitter right)??
cheers!

ben
Yeh, I'm interested to know this too. getting tired of Pro Tools crashes, would love to able to switch to Live.

invol

Post by invol » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:50 pm

I saw somewhere on the site that Jitter objects are included...

xXxEVILxXx

Post by xXxEVILxXx » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:57 pm

do you mean specifically dropping video into the session view?

i know i've already scored some audio to video in live and i'm only using live 6...

what are you talking about video in live 8?

John Sweet

Post by John Sweet » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:59 pm

I imagine you could at least build a synth that outputs both sound and video animation. That's one of the things I've always wanted to do.

remute

Post by remute » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:01 pm

xXxEVILxXx wrote:do you mean specifically dropping video into the session view?

i know i've already scored some audio to video in live and i'm only using live 6...

what are you talking about video in live 8?
Tempo mapping to get hit points etc - I've tried to get my head round it before but couldn't find a way in Live to make it work like Pro Tools.

synnack

Post by synnack » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:02 pm

If the jit. objects are accessible in Max for Live there are some interesting video sequencing capabilities.

Imagine routing midi to a device which controls a set of video players and jit.windows.

You could do that sort of thing before over IAC or MIDI Yoke but this is so much tighter in sync.

For audio.. how about the idea that you could pipe audio from the master into a device in ableton and use that as data on the max side to randomly (or not) generate images.

awww yeah.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

PaulDuke

Post by PaulDuke » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:36 pm

:)