Live 8..... Fuck this

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Marx

Live 8..... Fuck this

Post by Marx » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:42 am

Really did not expect Live 8 to be this crazy. Especially MaxforLive.

Now I am ridiculously anxious about how I'm gonna afford the upgrade to 8, MaxforLive, AND the god damn Controller (I bet the APC will be at least $400 out of the gate).

And what if they charge a monthly subscription to be on the share network? I will be irrate.

dammit, and I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have given up programming (trying to at least) Max

wovenskin

Re: Live 8..... Fuck this

Post by wovenskin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:44 am

Marx wrote: I bet the APC will be at least $400 out of the gate).
you over bid..I get your copy

the price has been confirmed..$399

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:46 am

They give out credit cards like candy. Pay it off in full over 2 or 3 months and you'd only pay ballpark $10 or $20 in interest
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:49 am

Johnisfaster wrote:They give out credit cards like candy. Pay it off in full over 2 or 3 months and you'd only pay ballpark $10 or $20 in interest
In the uk?
That Moog would be bought tomorrow if so.

Marx

Post by Marx » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:54 am

As soon as I get MaxforLive I'm gonna Program the best step sequencer on Ableton forum!!!!

What will really happen:

1. I will get really involved for weeks in making a crazy sequencer.
2. I will run into a seemingly simple problem and post my concerns in the forum.
3. Someone will point out my obvious and amateur mistake.
4. I will realize that although it is simple it fucks the whole fundamental idea of my programming. It will require me to start over.
5. I kick stuff around, break a few of the records in my collection that I hate, and then download the more intuitive and creative Sequencer that was uploaded before I even started mine.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:01 am

funky shit wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote:They give out credit cards like candy. Pay it off in full over 2 or 3 months and you'd only pay ballpark $10 or $20 in interest
In the uk?
I can't vouch for uk but do some research on credit cards. Find out the rates they offer and ask them to explain in detail how interest works. Interest in the states is way low.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

last man on earth

Post by last man on earth » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:34 am

Marx wrote:As soon as I get MaxforLive I'm gonna Program the best step sequencer on Ableton forum!!!!

What will really happen:

1. I will get really involved for weeks in making a crazy sequencer.
2. I will run into a seemingly simple problem and post my concerns in the forum.
3. Someone will point out my obvious and amateur mistake.
4. I will realize that although it is simple it fucks the whole fundamental idea of my programming. It will require me to start over.
5. I kick stuff around, break a few of the records in my collection that I hate, and then download the more intuitive and creative Sequencer that was uploaded before I even started mine.
That's what's beautiful about Max - download someone else's sequencer, add features, make it your own.

swett

Post by swett » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:20 am

Johnisfaster wrote:
funky shit wrote:
In the uk?
I can't vouch for uk but do some research on credit cards. Find out the rates they offer and ask them to explain in detail how interest works. Interest in the states is way low.
That's a good friend. Yes, go get a credit card. Sure, you'll pay it off in two three months...It's FINE, just charge it!

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:31 am

yeah guess which post is coming from america...
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:31 am

Just wait till johnisfaster gets bored with his and buy it used for half price! ;)

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:33 am

timothyallan wrote:Just wait till johnisfaster gets bored with his and buy it used for half price! ;)
I've been using live for a long f*ing time, what makes you think I'm gonna sell it any time soon?

paradiddle

Re: Live 8..... Fuck this

Post by paradiddle » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:55 am

This is what I read:

"The feature "Share Live Set" is initially included in Ableton Live 8. As the technology develops, Ableton may introduce new models for handling this feature."
Marx wrote:
And what if they charge a monthly subscription to be on the share network? I will be irrate.