Need engineer

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DJ Etain

Need engineer

Post by DJ Etain » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for an engineer based in London who is an Ableton user and who has some good hardware synths in their studio. My synth preferences are the Moog or Virus.

Reason I am looking for someone is, I am writing all my own material in Live, but my tracks lack the depth and substance that can only be obtained from using hardware synths. I just need to be able to bring my laptop into a studio to "fill out" my tracks some more. I don't need helping writing or arranging -- just need the benefit of some good hardware synthesizers!

I have some real Moog samples that I used in Berlin, and the difference in quality is amazing. It is obvious to me that quality production means ditching the software synths and replacing those samples with hardware samples.

It's vital that whoever I work with has experience with Minimal/Techno and is knowledgeable on the production techniques that are necessary within these genres.

Those interested please PM me with some details/prices, etc.

Thanks in advance,
E
Last edited by DJ Etain on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lola

Post by lola » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:07 pm

Maybe you should wait for the live 8 release.
You can hook up with some users who have analog stuff and:

http://www.ableton.com/home?movie=2

!!!!!

DJ Etain

Post by DJ Etain » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Not a bad idea either, thanks :)

MrTiddles

Post by MrTiddles » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Just PM'd you

Stevie
'Fear makes the wolf look bigger'
http://www.myspace.com/StevieVega
4Tunes: Quad Intel 2.66, Live 8, Lots of VSTs
4Mixing: Macbook Pro, Live 8, APC40, iPad

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Take good care of her, people, or you'll have me to deal with!

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Oh, wrong kind of engineer.

*puts down tool kit*

Carry on.

Khazul

Re: Need engineer

Post by Khazul » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:10 pm

DJ Etain wrote:Hi all,

I am looking for an engineer based in London who is an Ableton user and who has some good hardware synths in their studio. My synth preferences are the Moog or Virus.

Reason I am looking for someone is, I am writing all my own material in Live, but my tracks lack the depth and substance that can only be obtained from using hardware synths. I just need to be able to bring my laptop into a studio to "fill out" my tracks some more. I don't need helping writing or arranging -- just need the benefit of some good hardware synthesizers!

I have some real Moog samples that I used in Berlin, and the difference in quality is amazing. It is obvious to me that quality production means ditching the software synths and replacing those samples with hardware samples.

It's vital that whoever I work with has experience with Minimal/Techno and is knowledgeable on the production techniques that are necessary within these genres.

Those interested please PM me with some details/prices, etc.

Thanks in advance,
E
What synths are you actually using? I agree with the general sentiment, but sometimes switching synths isnt the only answer. If you want to PM some clips etc over along with what you using and what you dont like - feel free.

I'm not in london though, about 30mins down the M4. The only tech thing I have done is this (kind of crossover of prog house and deep tech house).

Having listened to your myspace stuff - nothing unusual in it from a production perspective - probably not my taste in rhythm noises, good synth noises however! I tend to prefer slighly more mangled/processed rhythm noises, or chopping stuff out of loops etc, but thats just me :)
Nothing to see here - move along!