Live's process still running after closing?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RichardInNL

Re:

Post by RichardInNL » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:28 pm

jamester wrote:
Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:09 pm
Follow-up:

I got it sorted! :)

All I did was go into the Preferences and noticed that more ports for the PK were selected than what I needed (I only need the standard Port A). So I deselected the others, and now it no longer hangs!
12 years later, thanks for the tip, very helpful!

evolvetek

Re: Live's process still running after closing?

Post by evolvetek » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:20 pm

ffffn !! it's the trigger finger (legacy, dope ass old school version) ... unplugged it, background processes (index and suite) both go away like they are supposed to ... STIJOW{EIT":ETJGK :twisted: :idea: :!:
Last edited by evolvetek on Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rainstorm

Post by Rainstorm » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:50 pm

as per this thread I solved the same or similiar problem...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69336&p=1795537#p1795537

I solved this issue, read on...

I use Ableton Live 11 Suite.

Of the three ableton processes below, I would have all three left open and running after I close ableton, all three still running (as seen in task manager processes tab) even hours after I closed ableton.

Ableton Index.exe (71MB)
Ableton Live 11 Suite.exe (337MB)
Ableton Web Connector.exe (21MB)

If i then ran ableton live again and then closed ableton live I would be left with 2x each of the three processes above. These stayed running for hours after close too.

Solution...

1) In ableton Options -> Preferences under Licenses / Maintenance tab I unselected "Get automatic updates" which had been turned on by default on instrall. Note I believe "Send usage data" was always off, its set to off now anyway.
Doing these things in step 1 stopped one of the processes (Ableton Web Connector.exe) from still running after I close ableton. So thats one down.

2) Both other processes still stay running after ableton closes, to stop them running I did a few things and I am not sure which worked. I did this... A) I set sound forge as my sample editor. B) Under File / Folder I set Minimum Free Space to 5GB. I set Maximum cache size to ON and 2GB. I clicked cleanup. I left the default cache folder the same. C) Link Tempo Midi has my midi controller settings in here already I did not change them, I use a Korg microkey air something 37. D) Under Audio tab - I was on asio4all v2. I changed it to driver type asio then "Magix Low Latency 2016" which I must have had installed from other Magix programs I have. Under Input config I unselected "Mono Inputs 1 & 2", I also unselected "Stereo Inputs 1/2" (previously i had seen level meters bouncing up and down going green so they were recording or listening to something, maybe out of my jack sockets with nothing plugged into them. I left Output config as it were with Mono Outputs 1 ^ 2 selected on and stereo outputs 1/2 selected on. Under hardware setup I set the asio buffer size to 512 samples. (fyi my soundcard is inbuilt called "Realtek High Definition Audio". In out sample rate of 44100Default SR and pitch conversion set to on. driver error compensation 0.00ms. everything else on page as default.
DOING THIS STEP 2 - Solved my problem completely, now when I close ableton live 11 suite the ableton index process lingers for a few seconds then closes and ableton live 11 suite process closes immediately.

Problem is now completely solved.
FYI as a side effect of having this problem previosuly i was having to end process tree the ableton processes and i found sometimes project save files in my recycle bin, i dont know if that is normal behavior, sometimes lots. Anyway i no lobger have this problem.

Rainstorm

Post by Rainstorm » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:53 pm

Note, ableton cache was turned off completely before i enabled it, I suspect that was a main cause of this problem.