drag set into a new set. live 5

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
randrohe

drag set into a new set. live 5

Post by randrohe » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Hello all,
Maybe this is possible in live 8, and I can't wait to update myself,
but currently my situation is: I am working on a set that has a sample that is "missing" or "corrupt", I forget the phrase. In a section of this set, there is a processor intensive spot that shoots the meter up to and over 100%.
I have tried freezing, rendering and/or consolidating to free up some power, but all of these processes locks up before completion. When I try to render, it will show a rendered file in the browser, but it will not play, and it is listed as corrupt.
SO, I would like to drag this set into another set, a new set, to try and get around whatever glitch there is in the original set.
I highlighted all the clips in arrangement view and tried to drag them to the new set in the browser, but no go.
The only thing I havn't tried is to open the new set and drag the old set FROM the browser into the new set..
I am recording a fellow who will be showing up in a couple of hours, and I can't find a solution to this.. So, if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance, Rand

randrohe

Post by randrohe » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Bump. this guy I'm recording is going to be here in an hour.
How do I get one live set into another live set on LIve 5......Thanks

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:58 pm

you have to copy/paste the clips

drag and drop from one set to another via the file browser started in 6 i believe

randrohe

Post by randrohe » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:27 pm

thanks for the response Doc. I actually was able to drag into a new set via the browser, but it didn't solve my problems. thanks for the thoughts