Auto Open Plugin Windows

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
misteralan

Auto Open Plugin Windows

Post by misteralan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi fellow Live People,
does anyone know if there is a way to make Ableton Live automatically open any/all of the windows for the plugins that are saved with a given Live set?

For instance,when opening a LIVE SET that has plugins saved in it I must always then manually open the plugin windows.

There are a few situations that this would be useful in. It would be great if we could see instantly what plugins are being used when we open a Live Set.
Thanks in advance,
AL
p.s. Live 8 looks pretty exciting... I personally can't wait to be able to use the new features... I am a guitarist and Ableton's concept and ergonomics are great for honing a personalized creative work-flow! Right-On Abes!

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:30 pm

I don't think this is possible, but it's a good idea. It would be awesome if there was a way to show all plugins at once shrunk down and you could click on one to bring it to full size.....like the way you can see all open windows in Mac OS.

misteralan

Post by misteralan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi ethios4,
I just asked the ABES as well, so I will post any info that I get.
I am pretty sure that this is not possible with the current Live offering though,
AL

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:08 am

I wrote a hotkeys script to do this it was a seriously nasty hack but it worked but since changing toa Quad Core it stopped working. It would be nice to have an option to open all windows, I have my plug-ins on a second monitor so I'd like to have them all open when Live starts.

misteralan

Post by misteralan » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:54 am

Hi DJSynchro,
I did investigate a scripting hack, but I am hoping that the ABES will incorporate this to be more on par with the other major players in the DJ/DAW arena. It is getting old always having to manually open any/all of the plugin windows that I am using in a given Live set.
I already have to implement workarounds to get my computer audio rig to do what I want it to do so I really try to avoid adding any extra workarounds...stability, time spent hammering the hack out, etc.
Thanks,
AL
Live is truly amazing!