Someone tell me Live 8 will have dual screen support????

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
the dark wizard

Someone tell me Live 8 will have dual screen support????

Post by the dark wizard » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:57 pm

Please! 8O

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:10 pm

No

madhattared

Post by madhattared » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Buzzkill
Live 7 hackintosh 10.5.2 q6600 raptor 4gig x3d pk FW410 bcr2k xboard49 Ultrasone DJ1 BM5a

ze2be

Re: Someone tell me Live 8 will have dual screen support????

Post by ze2be » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:16 pm

the dark wizard wrote:Please! 8O
Nope.

Most of us daily users actually never think about it. Reason and Cubase needs it, agree. Live is not a DAW like the rest though. Its something unique and modern. Rather cutting then adding futures! (joke) In the studio I use a big screen, 24" and just hit tab when needed. The Ableton way is: less is more.

Ive used other dual screen daws for years, but never felt it was something I needed in Live. Ive never worked as much in any DAW as I have in Live, and I have worked a lot in Cubase.

anyway, I dont think it will happen anytime soon, because apparently it would need a major rewrite of the code.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:18 pm

I use dual monitors for my production DAW. I put all my VSTs and VSTi that are not Live-Native on the second screen. Works well.

For my lappie, when performing, the last thing I want is multiple monitors.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:31 pm

ze2be wrote:Most of us daily users actually never think about it.
Really? and who TF is 'most' - you and who else?

Quite a few people here have posted about the desire to open arrange view on one monitor and session view on the other, so at the least, like normnal DAWs you can see your arrangement and your mixer.

My interest in this is more about literally having both view open together - for the clips too which is my preferred means of recording even when working in an arrangement.
Nothing to see here - move along!

Surreal

Post by Surreal » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:05 am

one problem that may stand in the way of what you describe is the fact that Live has certain behaviours that are specific to the view.

with 2 windows that would be a bit of a pain to keep track of as an end user and it would be a real pain for ableton to reconcile the 2 since the 2 views were concieved with different purposes.

radiumtunez

Post by radiumtunez » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:14 am

i'm also disappointed in this. no dual screens??? means my work flow is still bull sh**.
shame on Live 8. even the step sequencer they made is crappy.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:19 am

Surreal wrote:one problem that may stand in the way of what you describe is the fact that Live has certain behaviours that are specific to the view.

with 2 windows that would be a bit of a pain to keep track of as an end user and it would be a real pain for ableton to reconcile the 2 since the 2 views were concieved with different purposes.
Thats fine along with the fact that the clips dont match up etc and all the current bagage between the two modes of use which all makes sense and even keep the toggle buttons - to select behaviour rather than switch views.
Nothing to see here - move along!

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:22 am

Khazul wrote:
ze2be wrote:Most of us daily users actually never think about it.
Really? and who TF is 'most' - you and who else?

Quite a few people here have posted about the desire to open arrange view on one monitor and session view on the other, so at the least, like normnal DAWs you can see your arrangement and your mixer.

My interest in this is more about literally having both view open together - for the clips too which is my preferred means of recording even when working in an arrangement.
I was under the impression, but I might be wrong.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:23 am

Your music is not happening because Live doesn't support Dual screens :?:

the dark wizard

Post by the dark wizard » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:09 am

ze2be wrote:
the dark wizard wrote:Please! 8O
Nope.

Most of us daily users actually never think about it. Reason and Cubase needs it, agree. Live is not a DAW like the rest though. Its something unique and modern. Rather cutting then adding futures! (joke) In the studio I use a big screen, 24" and just hit tab when needed. The Ableton way is: less is more.

Ive used other dual screen daws for years, but never felt it was something I needed in Live. Ive never worked as much in any DAW as I have in Live, and I have worked a lot in Cubase.

anyway, I dont think it will happen anytime soon, because apparently it would need a major rewrite of the code.
Cheers for the feedback, I wouldnt say any program NEEDS it, I have coped ok in cubase & reason before I had two monitors. It's just something I would like and have done for a few versions now. Live is modern and has it own (and best IMO) way of working/work flow.

I love the less is more thing but its more visual for me.....it would be cool to hit the tab key a few less times ;-)

I cant complain though, because over the last few years I have got a few things I really wanted. One being nudge buttons for dj mixing & another that comes to mind is multiple automation track view,

Both of which die hard abletons reminded me it was its own application and not like the rest.....

My point is, keep diggin and dual screen might get its hefty code re-write with all the dosh we get stroked for on the upgrade.....in jest ;-)

the dark wizard

Post by the dark wizard » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:13 am

djsynchro wrote:Your music is not happening because Live doesn't support Dual screens :?:
its fine really, just something ive been hoping for 8)

rbro

Post by rbro » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:30 am

I use a 2nd monitor for my plugin windows in Live. Does that count?