Barack Obama Honeymoon period: How long before you start?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

How long will the honeymoon last?

Total votes: 0

Machinesworking

Re: Barack Obama Honeymoon period: How long before you start?

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:43 pm

knotkranky wrote: Stupid aye. hmm

I'm reading here Obama intends to remove the remaining 50,000 by the end of 2011, sooo what gives dude.
This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfhdtLK0aTM
sums it up nicely.
If that somehow hasn't sunk in as doublespeak on the part of the current admin.....

History is on my side here, an occupying military force can not, and will not stabilize a country, if that occupier is the aggressor. If you stop 'debating' for a second and really put some though into it, you'll realize I'm right.
I appreciate your expertise, but i'll go with Obama instead.
Nice pleb response. Good to know you're thinking about what all this means, and not just jumping on a bandwagon with a particularly charming front as opposed to the last admin..... oh wait? :P

noiserot

Re: Barack Obama Honeymoon period: How long before you start?

Post by noiserot » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:28 pm

Obama Embraces Bush Position on Warrantless Wiretapping
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/0 ... 586797.php

The federal government has finally responded to Jewel v. NSA, a lawsuit against dragnet warrantless wiretapping filed last September by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).

In a motion filed on Friday, April 3rd, the Obama Dept. of Justice (DOJ) demanded that the entire lawsuit be dismissed based on both the Bush administration's claim that a "state secrets" privilege bars any lawsuits against the executive branch for illegal spying, as well as a novel "sovereign immunity" claim that the Patriot Act bars any lawsuits of any kind for illegal government surveillance, unless there was "willful disclosure" of the illegally intercepted communications.

According to EFF senior staff attorney Kevin Bankston, "this is the first time [the DOJ] claimed sovereign immunity against Wiretap Act and Stored Communications Act [SCA] claims. In other words, the administration is arguing that the U.S. can never be sued for spying that violates federal surveillance statutes, whether FISA, the Wiretap Act or the SCA.