Combine sliced drum racks?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
epiphanius

Combine sliced drum racks?

Post by epiphanius » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:13 am

Hi:

I would like to combine two or more sliced drum racks down into one, and can't see any straightforward way of doing this within Live.

Is there any way to export or copy a slice from one drum rack and import or past it into another? Or do you have to use an external editor (or arrangement view, which would suck even more) in order to make one drumrack out of two or three sliced drumracks.

If not in Live 7, any sense of this working in Live 8?

Thanks for reading,

e.

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:57 am

just grab any single slice from one drum rack, and then drag it to another drum rack in a different track...
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

epiphanius

Post by epiphanius » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks, Homebelly:

It works of course - I'm now dragging the sample up to the top of a track (in session view), and then back down again. The slice gets moved - but: I can only seem to move, ie cut, but not copy. This is confounding. I'd rather be safe, and copy before deleting the source, and can't quite figure that out...

Thanks again,

e.

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:55 am

press the alt-button while you drag. this should make a copy. works also with clips, efx, channels, scenes ...

Swasko

Re: Combine sliced drum racks?

Post by Swasko » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:05 pm

is there a way to copy all or multiple pads from one drum rack to another.

I often have that i "sliced to midi" several parts of sample in different steps and then you have as many drum racks as you did separate "slice to midi". Anyway to merge these drum racks or to always slice to a dedicated drum rack perhaps?

tech44

Post by tech44 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:22 pm

I was searching for how to do this, but I figured it out and thought I'd update this thread. Select all and copy the slices from the chain view and then paste in the other drum rack chain view. But...you have to make sure the slices are not on the same keys prior to copy/pasting them, or it will just play the multiple slices. Not sure if there's another way, but this worked for me.
-----
Audiobombs.com: Free ableton racks, soundsets, touchosc templates and more.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:53 pm

n/m
ImageImage

BlackMath

Post by BlackMath » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:16 am

Or just move the sampler over to the new drum rack

downbeat8

Post by downbeat8 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:34 am

There's got to be a better but I haven't found it. Cope and paste works but then you have to manually dram them to different pads or have undesired multisample.