Three channel EQ

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
inakiesarte

Three channel EQ

Post by inakiesarte » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi guys, I have been djing for a while as since I discovered Ableton I cant stop using it. Now i am working on a live set, mixing and beat matching ableton stuff with my other mixer with two decks.

My question is:

Is there any way to limit the values from your EQ to -6, as the pioneer 600 or any professional mixer does, so it doesnt take out your sound completly?

It will be usefull once u link ur control knobs to the ones on the EQ.

Thanks!

andi_gitarre

Post by andi_gitarre » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:47 pm

if you use a midi-controller you can set the range of each parameter in the midi-control window (strg+m or cmd + m)
macbook pro, Live 10, Universal Audio Apollo Twin, Push 1

rewind

Post by rewind » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:21 pm

OR - put the EQ in a rack and map its controls to the rack's macro controls. Then you set the upper and lower end of the range as you want.

Trypset

Post by Trypset » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:46 pm

Check out LSS DJ

made by the London School of Sound

especially for Live

check it
TrypseT
Live 8 Full (not suite), ES-1 MKII, Microkorg, MPC 1000, 2 1200's, Ms. Pinky's, OSX, Edirol FA-101, and a crate 'o' wax

inakiesarte

Post by inakiesarte » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:56 am

rewind wrote:OR - put the EQ in a rack and map its controls to the rack's macro controls. Then you set the upper and lower end of the range as you want.

Thanks man! This look like the best solution as the LSS DJ VST is just for XP and I am using Vista...

Atomikat

Post by Atomikat » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:55 pm

But with the LSS Dj Eq you'll have the control as you do on a Pioneer, which means that 0db will on the "0" position, this thing is a little bit "tricky" to achieve on Live's Eq.

Trypset

Post by Trypset » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:13 pm

Atomikat wrote:But with the LSS Dj Eq you'll have the control as you do on a Pioneer, which means that 0db will on the "0" position, this thing is a little bit "tricky" to achieve on Live's Eq.
exactly
TrypseT
Live 8 Full (not suite), ES-1 MKII, Microkorg, MPC 1000, 2 1200's, Ms. Pinky's, OSX, Edirol FA-101, and a crate 'o' wax

inakiesarte

Post by inakiesarte » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:32 pm

rewind wrote:OR - put the EQ in a rack and map its controls to the rack's macro controls. Then you set the upper and lower end of the range as you want.
How can you set your upper and lower ends of the range on your macro with your EQ that you have previously limit to go from -26db to +6db?

Thanks!

anamexis

Post by anamexis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:41 pm

inakiesarte wrote:
How can you set your upper and lower ends of the range on your macro with your EQ that you have previously limit to go from -26db to +6db?

Thanks!
Like this?

inakiesarte

Post by inakiesarte » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:03 pm

You are a star man!!! This is what I was looking after as I am able now to copy the settings from any regular dj mixer EQ into Ableton.

I had never ever before paid the right attention to that emergent panel once you map your nodes, dammed... just one little thing, how do you input your numbers numerically in case they had to be negative?

Thanks!

anamexis

Post by anamexis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:06 pm

inakiesarte wrote:You are a star man!!! This is what I was looking after as I am able now to copy the settings from any regular dj mixer EQ into Ableton.

I had never ever before paid the right attention to that emergent panel once you map your nodes, dammed... just one little thing, how do you input your numbers numerically in case they had to be negative?

Thanks!
Put a minus sign in front :)

inakiesarte

Post by inakiesarte » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 am

anamexis wrote:
inakiesarte wrote:You are a star man!!! This is what I was looking after as I am able now to copy the settings from any regular dj mixer EQ into Ableton.

Thanks!
Put a minus sign in front :)
I gave it a try and it didnt work... Does it work for you?

Thanks!