Turning My Studio Into an Instrument

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ultrasonyk

Post by ultrasonyk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:48 pm

yo,

search the forum for step sequencers for live.

nice sequencer racks, built from live users, combined with the right
amount of time (assigning midi knobs), a lot of motivation and your
bcr2000 will make you having fun with live (i.e. real time sequencing)
for quite a time.

Klinikal

Post by Klinikal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:29 pm

when i had something like "writers block" I hooked up the korg es-1 and whole new inspiration came.
after making music on computer for some years i'm now enjoying hardware much more.
working with step sequencer is much better then clicking with mouse and staring at the f**cking computer screen all the time.

if you do not have any external step sequencer then give ultrasonyk tip a try.

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:01 pm

God you forum members are getting to be jerks... Tone Deft i'm looking at your first post!

Just a sort of sidenote for the OP: I played a Yamaha TENORI-ON (http://www.moogaudio.com/yamaha_tenori-on.php) a while ago and got really addicted to it. The key is finding a way to control your music in a way your comfortable. The best "electronic" music i ever made was me and a friend with two synths and a 3 piece drum kit.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Aequitas123 wrote:God you forum members are getting to be jerks... Tone Deft i'm looking at your first post!
blow me. it's a dumb question to ask, whoever wrote that he's 'in love with the idea of being an electronic musician' said it best. did you see where I wrote "this applies to ALL of us at times"? did you see my " ;) " ?? what a jerk...

Tenori-On is an overpriced toy and a dumb suggestion, "go buy a $1000 toy, that'll help you." seriously?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:44 pm

"getting to be jerks"?

where have you been? lol

You gotta learn to respect the people who can give it too you straight, and if you don't have anyone like that in your life, you're probably not challenging yourself at all, or being challenged.

The other hand is you have to learn to ignore them at times, cuz they're a one trick pony in a certain sense.

Also i think that step sequencer looks really cool and fun, but i don't know about price ranges etc. New toys always help for awhile.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent