Poll: Would you buy Tassman if it was included like AASplugs

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
disco judas

Poll: Would you buy Tassman if it was included like AASplugs

Post by disco judas » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:24 pm

Max is cool, but Tassman in Live would be also be cool!

I guess it would be an expensive add on, but I would love it !

Cheers

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:20 pm

tassman: worth every penny... like it way more then reaktor and it became my bread and butter synth, like pretty much everything from AAS.
*** Image GAFM ***

flowdesigner

Post by flowdesigner » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Yeah, I want to buy it, but having it as a Native Live plugin would be hilarious !

AAS sounds to me like the best digital synthesis, hard or soft

flowdesigner

Post by flowdesigner » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:32 pm

:D

arkoenig

Post by arkoenig » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:39 pm

I think I'd buy it as a Live instrument even though I already own it separately. Assuming, of course, that its user interface were as well integrated as the rest of the AAS instruments.
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

esky

Post by esky » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:45 pm

My MFB-Synth Lite II sounds better than Tassman... :wink:

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:45 pm

+1 definetely!!! to me they are also the best sonically speaking.

only thing that matches is zebra2 and basically all the Urs H. stuff.
*** Image GAFM ***

arkoenig

Post by arkoenig » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:51 pm

esky wrote:My MFB-Synth Lite II sounds better than Tassman... :wink:
Isn't that comparing apples and tractors?
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

disco judas

Post by disco judas » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:34 pm

SubFunk wrote:
+1 definetely!!! to me they are also the best sonically speaking.

only thing that matches is zebra2 and basically all the Urs H. stuff.

Have you tried the G2 demo?

fiz

Post by fiz » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:49 pm

I would totally buy a Live-native Tassman plug/device, IF:

(1) The awesome folks at Live updated *Analog* with the option of a much larger and easier to read GUI. (The current GUI is a joke, and I rarely use Analog as a result.)

&

(2) The kind folks at AAS updated *Tassman* with a GUI that does justice to both the synth and the user. (The current GUI is okay, but it should be supplemented with something much more intuitive, self-contained, and flexible.)

I purchased the AAS bundle after buying Live, in large part so I could have access to Analog's modeled sound with a half-decent GUI. Tassman has since blown me away with its incredible array of sounds, yes, BUT: it has also been incredibly frustrating to watch as Tassman seems to be slowly sold off for parts to Ableton (including "Collision" in Live 8 ), while the clunky old GUI of Tassman lingers on the shelf for years without a single update.

I understand that this is probably an excellent marketing strategy for AAS, but it winds up seeming a little bit funky as an owner of both Live and the AAS bundle to see Tassman gathering dust while little bits and pieces of it are hacked off, repackaged and sold off.

I would have no problem watching all of this happen if Analog was made usable and Tassman was brought up to date. As it is, it's irritating enough that I probably would NOT buy a Tassman plug for Live if the original continued to be ignored.

Bottom Line: Abes needs to fix what is broken first (Analog's gui) before issuing more AAS gear. And AAS needs to give its Tassman owners a richer experience of Tassman before selling it for parts, and/or tailoring a new version for Live.

I don't mind buying AAS products twice -- they sound that good to me. But I don't like feeling like a neglected customer by both Live and AAS as they come up with new ways to enhance their sales without covering their bases first.