What VST's should I buy to get Reason sounds in Ableton?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:31 pm

hellooooo!? Everyone STFU for a moment here - remember, you can't put Reason instruments into software.

... they're rack units, you need hardware to emulate Reason properly.

Green Lemon

Post by Green Lemon » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:35 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:it's very strange to set your standards to have to sound like Reason.
But remember it's not just the sounds of Reason's synths, he's also looking for instruments that look like Reason's synths. That, IMO, brings the discussion to a whole 'nother level. Unfortunately I'm still too new at this to be of any help in that area...
That's the key point. It shows that Pickle Sprocket is a deranged genius, lightyears ahead of the rest of the Ableton forum. He (and his evil twin, Kiljoy) understand the subtle interferences visual analog stimulation has on aural creation. He wants, he needs the whole nine yards, the entire enchilada, and the very Big Bang. Straight to the top of the Sprocket's dome, the retinal stimulation of fine Reason instruments coupled with the modular VST format will make for the perfect DAW for the coming weeks of dark studio time.
--
first 1k as chrysalis33rpm.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:05 pm

Green Lemon wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:it's very strange to set your standards to have to sound like Reason.
But remember it's not just the sounds of Reason's synths, he's also looking for instruments that look like Reason's synths. That, IMO, brings the discussion to a whole 'nother level. Unfortunately I'm still too new at this to be of any help in that area...
That's the key point. It shows that Pickle Sprocket is a deranged genius, lightyears ahead of the rest of the Ableton forum. He (and his evil twin, Kiljoy) understand the subtle interferences visual analog stimulation has on aural creation. He wants, he needs the whole nine yards, the entire enchilada, and the very Big Bang. Straight to the top of the Sprocket's dome, the retinal stimulation of fine Reason instruments coupled with the modular VST format will make for the perfect DAW for the coming weeks of dark studio time.
Ok, now it's getting good! :D

And for the record pickle, you will be very glad to get away from the all those silly wires.
Professional Shark Jumper.

ReverendZed

Post by ReverendZed » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Xzibit wrote:Yo yo, PickleSprock-T - Ignore the haters. I know how much you like to make jams, so I installed Reason on yo Reason so y'all can rock while you rock.
TROOF.
Don't tell me how to internet...