just discovered Wisp

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Johnisfaster

just discovered Wisp

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:27 pm

you should check him out. it's been a long time since I heard an artist that really made an impression.

myspace.com/wisp
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

debu

Post by debu » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:15 am

good stuff. He used to give away all his tracks for free, not sure if he's still doing it?

edit; nvmd forgot his on rephlex now

Spackled Bat

Post by Spackled Bat » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:41 am

Yeah. Wisp is awesome. He released lots of good free music but his newer stuff is even better IMO.

He put out some albums on Sublight, a label that sadly does not exist anymore. Not sure how hard it is to find that stuff but it is worth seeking out.

http://wisp.kaen.org/

BOB Cooper

Post by BOB Cooper » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:45 am

I found out his music last year.
i didn't love it as much as the guys, who told me about him, though I think he's really creative and has really interesting sonic ideas.
There is just a little something that lacks to get me into it, but it's really personal, maybe just a "color" thing, cause still, i'm really impressed by his work.

killingtime

Post by killingtime » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:54 pm

I saw him perform live a couple of months ago - awesome sounds, totally full on. Definately worth keeping an eye out for.