FCB1010 Help-Ableton getting wrong messages

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
qberthightech

FCB1010 Help-Ableton getting wrong messages

Post by qberthightech » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:56 pm

I just got a Behringer FCB1010 and I am trying to make on the fly loops. So I went in to the midi mapping on Live and selected the 'record arm' on track 1. Then I push pedal 1 on the FCB. In the midi mapping though it says 'pitchbend'. I have been looking at videos and other posts for hours. Any help would be deeply appreciated. My goal is toset this up for 6 different tracks so I can loop my different instruments on the fly during live play. Thanks in advance for any advise...much appreciated.

bulo

Post by bulo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm

You have to programm your FCB to transmit different midi CC/notes from each pedal.
And, you won't be able to do this without sitting in front of your FCB and its fucking manual, read and try.
And if you don't know anything about midi, you should read things and understand it (there's plenty on the net), if you don't want to kill yourself before being able to live looping.
Good luck
My tongue spits english like a frog and my head is currently searching for a comprehensive language.
And I shit here

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Ouch. LOL.

Or, you can go to this recent thread:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

If you're up for some old fashioned manual programming, check out my post. It's the 3rd one down I think.

If you're ready to cheat, check out this app:

http://www.wabbitwanch.com/iFCB.html

its fucking manual
Well, the FCB1010 manual is horrid beyond belief. I'd burn it now and save yourself a lot of potential grief. I would say, though, that you gotta dig a little deeper in the forum because there's been a LOT of posts about setting up the FCB, heh. :P Good luck. Post back if you need some help, but that thread should be all you need.

bulo

Post by bulo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:49 pm

Oh, don't worry, my FBC is perfectly programmed, all by "hand"/foot.
The manual is for sure not the most clear that you can find, but all is in. I said that because it looks like qberthightech is not so much aware about the midi protocol; and it that case, even with a clear programming method, it would be painfull.
My tongue spits english like a frog and my head is currently searching for a comprehensive language.
And I shit here