All times are UTC

Post subject: OSX Jaguar w/Live
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:44 pm 
I saw on a post a while back that the new OS version for Mac (Jaguar), would be able to handle multiple sound outs. Does this mean that ibook users will finally have monitoring through the headphone jack on the ibook, and sound output through the usb ports for LIVE?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:03 pm 

this should work with 10.2. right now X only sees my emi as 2 ins and 2 outs. 10.2 will bring us Core Audio improvements. Core MIDI too! if it doesn't work i'll be pissed and probably have to buy an 828 since i know MOTU has already released OSX beta drivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:57 am 
Yea,

It better work. I guess i'll fork out the $129 for the upgrade and it better work!!! I really want to play out, and my only hold back is the fact that I can't monitor a clip.

Post subject: My experiences with 10.2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:24 am 

-- Still get sound outage problems under 10.2 (Builds 6C76 and 6C92) with Live
-- No support for routing monitor sound to internal sound adapter (isn't that a problem with Live only supporting one sound adapter, though?)
-- Mouse pointer is very jumpy when getting past 60% CPU usage
-- Just running Live without any sound gets about 4-5% CPU usage
-- MIDI drivers for Event Ezbus1 out of the box, doesn't work well with Live or Reason
-- MIDI driver for Oxygen 8 works okay with Reason and Live
-- no MIDI driver for Doepfer Pocket Dial, but seems to work okay with MIDI Patchbay and Live

Maybe the audio situation will be improved when Aug. 24th comes around...

-Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:02 pm 
I hope the audio situation is improved. One interesting thing that is that I was playing around with a demo version of a program called Baytex Party 3.0, a "DJ" mp3 program that I can monitor a track with the headphone jack, and have usb out for the main sound. So, I would think this could be possible for Ableton to achieve? :? :?