OT: faith no more

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Machinesworking
Posts: 11141
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:40 am

Chang wrote:Suck.


Pearl jam meets fred durst.

Thank god its over & dead where it belongs.


Just my opinion. :)


NO MORE. Thank you
Around ten years before either of those bands. MUCH better musicians than either Limp or Pearl Jism, there's no doubt about that. I knew those guys when I was kid, before they got super big, and they definitely followed a formula of 4 'commercial' songs and 8 ones for the music, on every record. That's pretty logical really for AOR type rock.

mike_o
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:07 am
Location: Martinez

Post by mike_o » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:43 am

Chang wrote:Suck.


Pearl jam meets fred durst.

Thank god its over & dead where it belongs.


Just my opinion. :)


NO MORE. Thank you
no one in this thread cares at all :D


Faith No More was one of the best bands ever live, I've seen them three times, twice on the real thing and once on the angel dust tour.

AMEN!!!, and I'm not even religious.

Sibanger
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 am
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Contact:

Post by Sibanger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:46 am

Chang wrote:Suck.


Pearl jam meets fred durst.

Thank god its over & dead where it belongs.


Just my opinion. :)


NO MORE. Thank you
Who cares what the young people think!

amen brother, amen!

Machinesworking
Posts: 11141
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:47 am

pulsoc wrote: Never got into Angel Dust, that album felt to me like a band coming apart, and not in a good way.
Honestly, by the time The Real Thing came out the band had been together for ten years, and weren't what I would say the best of friends. The practical jokes were pretty brutal at that point. I always liked Angel Dust better, as I thought it was closer to what the band actually liked sounding like, but it's really about the 4 mediocre commercial songs, and 8 jams, which can have potential. That said Mid Life Crisis is still my favorite song by them, followed by the Nestle song. :lol:

Dunno if anything will happen because of it, but the bass player Billy Gould has been jamming with Jello Biafra. Hopefully they release something! 8)

Sibanger
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 am
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Contact:

Post by Sibanger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:09 am

Machinesworking wrote:
pulsoc wrote: Never got into Angel Dust, that album felt to me like a band coming apart, and not in a good way.
Honestly, by the time The Real Thing came out the band had been together for ten years, and weren't what I would say the best of friends. The practical jokes were pretty brutal at that point. I always liked Angel Dust better, as I thought it was closer to what the band actually liked sounding like, but it's really about the 4 mediocre commercial songs, and 8 jams, which can have potential. That said Mid Life Crisis is still my favorite song by them, followed by the Nestle song. :lol:

Dunno if anything will happen because of it, but the bass player Billy Gould has been jamming with Jello Biafra. Hopefully they release something! 8)
Tell me something I don't already know. :wink: :)

adventurepants_
Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 3:05 am

Post by adventurepants_ » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:23 am

+1 for Angel Dust. It does sound like a band coming apart, but in a good way.

The Real Thing was already written when Patton joined, but he added words and melodies to finished musical tracks.

I love the first album with the original singer too, some gems on there, and love Real Thing, but Angel Dust was the apex. it was all downhill after that.

Kindergarten, and Caffeine get to me to this day!

Puffy!
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

Chang
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Chang » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:29 am

Machinesworking wrote:
Chang wrote:Suck.


Pearl jam meets fred durst.

Thank god its over & dead where it belongs.


Just my opinion. :)


NO MORE. Thank you
Around ten years before either of those bands. MUCH better musicians than either Limp or Pearl Jism, there's no doubt about that. I knew those guys when I was kid, before they got super big, and they definitely followed a formula of 4 'commercial' songs and 8 ones for the music, on every record. That's pretty logical really for AOR type rock.

Yes, no kidding. But show me a FNM score as big as Boston for instance. Not happening. I think the dumbing down of america is succeeding well.

I was going to quote your " no doubt" but screwed it up,lol whatever.



:lol:

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:35 am

Chang wrote:Yes, no kidding. But show me a FNM score as big as Boston for instance. Not happening.
do you at least recognize how amazing of a vocalist Mike Patton is?

70s album rock FTLOL but props for crate digging for examples. Boston had a huge sound, makes them a harsh example. Boston were pussies for their day, different genre of music.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Chang
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Chang » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:54 am

Tone Deft wrote:
Chang wrote:Yes, no kidding. But show me a FNM score as big as Boston for instance. Not happening.
do you at least recognize how amazing of a vocalist Mike Patton is?

70s album rock FTLOL but props for crate digging for examples. Boston had a huge sound, makes them a harsh example. Boston were pussies for their day, different genre of music.

Ok, I do agree that he had good usable voice. But Boston were pussies for their day? That is quiet a bold statement especially from someone with your advanced age & knowledge.

j/k




:lol:

Chang
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Chang » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:02 am

And I don't think that Mike Patton is a Brad Delp.

But that is just my opinion.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:04 am

who the fuck is Brad Delp?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Chang
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Chang » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:09 am

Tone Deft wrote:who the fuck is Brad Delp?

Just one of the best singers in the World and front man of the group Boston. He would crush Mike Patton imo.

Chang
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Chang » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:18 am

Mike Patton doing Boston's More than a feeling?


No way.


Thats like imagining Kid Rock doing Andrea Bocelli.

adventurepants_
Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 3:05 am

Post by adventurepants_ » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:20 am

Chang if you dont get it, then you dont get it.

To even mention Pearl Jam and Limp Bizkit in comparison proves youve probably never heard a FNM album, you just remember them being around at a similar time.

why hate?

Brad Delp was an amazing vocalist, so is Mike Patton.

there are no winners here, its the internet special olympics.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

Chang
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Chang » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:36 am

adventurepants_ wrote:Chang if you dont get it, then you dont get it.

To even mention Pearl Jam and Limp Bizkit in comparison proves youve probably never heard a FNM album, you just remember them being around at a similar time.

why hate?

Brad Delp was an amazing vocalist, so is Mike Patton.

there are no winners here, its the internet special olympics.

Not hate and I have heard plenty of fnm songs. I said Mike Patton was a good vocalist prior in post above. I personally don't think he is up to Brad Delp standards. That is all I say. And I personally don't think that any FNM song is equal to the genius of Boston but that is just my opinion and I think I am entitled to that.

Post Reply