Analog and Virtual analag hardware synths

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:28 pm

^ shit! and I thought all I had to worry about was moobies!

aisling

Post by aisling » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:29 pm

nebulae wrote:^ shit! and I thought all I had to worry about was moobies!
if only it was that simple....... :(
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:51 pm

xh9o wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:Neb - there's no magic in the output converters, D/A chips are D/A chips,
:roll: thats simply bullshit as well.
please explain.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:01 pm

aisling wrote:
its driving me insaine trying to find something to put on my cereal

i stopped drinking cow milk cause i thought i was lactose intolerant but i was just allergic to the growth hormones.. my body knows whats up lol....

so now i'm worried about all the soy milk i drink..... grrrrrr

o and i like the sound of air moving really slow

wooop waap waap waaaaaaaawaaawawawaa
pfff pff kaa......kakaka.......................ka.....

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:04 pm

^ You should be able to get organic unpastured cat's milk at Central Market. That'll set you straight.

I'm still waiting for human milk, preferably still warm, right off the teet.

aisling

Post by aisling » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:15 pm

bosonHavoc wrote:
aisling wrote:

i stopped drinking cow milk cause i thought i was lactose intolerant but i was just allergic to the growth hormones.. my body knows whats up lol....

Try almond milk.....has the lowest glycemic index of the non dairy milks.....
I don't like breast milk for cereal, I like strait from the source....
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:17 pm

aisling wrote:
bosonHavoc wrote:
aisling wrote: if only it was that simple....... :(

Try almond milk.....has the lowest glycemic index of the non dairy milks.....
I don't like breast milk for cereal, I like strait from the source....
agreed on the source...my son and I have been fighting over this issue for years...lately, our "pretend" lightsaber battles have become a little brutal...

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:18 pm

aisling wrote:
nebulae wrote::lol: LOL, I love it!

Just for that, I won't eat any meat or dairy products for the day. There you go - I'm a lame ass vegan for a day. *hugs*
go easy on the soy though......
http://thyroid.about.com/gi/dynamic/off ... %2Fsoy.htm
Typically derailed thread! :lol:

But this whole link is pretty much bullshit. this quote.
Soy formulas lack cholesterol which is absolutely essential for the development of the brain and nervous system; they also lack lactose and galactose, which play an equally important role in the development of the nervous system. I would strongly discourage the use of soy formulas.
Total, absolute, complete, bullshit. Lactose is pretty much only found in milk, one out of every four white people are allergic to Lactose. It goes up to three out of four blacks, and I'm not sure about the various brown folks.... but suffice to say any "study" that insinuates so idiotically that cows milk, which is easily arguably the most common food allergy, and in all regards, meant for baby cows, is essential for development of the human nervous system... well.

I won't even start in on about cholesterol, personally anybody who's stupid enough to think that consuming cholesterol found in the tissues of other animals has anything to do with your bodies ability to produce cholesterol should look into cannibalism. I mean with that logic, then human tissue would obviously be the best source for useable cholesterol.

Suffice to say, eat what you will, but don't delude yourself, all the longest living people on the planet have the lowest consumption of meat and dairy. It's a simple fact, and nothing some scientist bought and paid for by the meat and dairy industry, (or just exceptionally attached to animal products) can say will change that. Seriously, look into this a bit more, just posting a link to some article that has a serious bent doesn't cut it. Meat is good for growth to a degree, it's why fat, sugar and protein rich diet countries have typically larger people, but it comes at a price of lifespan and diet related diseases like arteriosclerosis, heart attacks, strokes, cancer, Osteoporosis, etc.

The only unhealthy vegans I know are the ones doing too many drugs, it's that simple. OK and a few fat earth mother dykes who eat only vegan cookies it seems. :lol:

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:24 pm

^ first of all, you vegan seattle fuckwad (*hugs*), I totally disagree with you about this thread being derailed. There's nothing more analog than human breastmilk. The oscillators are warm, and the sound is fucking fantastic. So eat me.

Second, I believe you just proved my point about having races all mixed up. If whites and blacks all inter mated, then the weak lactose intolerant gene would eventually mutate away. Once again, I have pwned you.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:34 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
xh9o wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:Neb - there's no magic in the output converters, D/A chips are D/A chips,
:roll: thats simply bullshit as well.
please explain.

ok, i´ll try it: chip design differs. got it?
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:36 pm

xh9o wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
xh9o wrote: :roll: thats simply bullshit as well.
please explain.

geez, do you even know what a female breast is? I suspect you've never seen one up close.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:37 pm

xh9o wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
xh9o wrote: :roll: thats simply bullshit as well.
please explain.
how do they differ and how do the limits of DACs compare to the theoretical limits of DSP?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:41 pm

Machinesworking wrote:when he sez 'analogish', he's dead right.

that quirte depends on your definition of analog. if it just "dark" and "warm" and "rounded", well ok, then you both are right. if it comes to a more direct value of analogue (like "living") you are wrong.
I agree that full on attacks against somebody's music is a lame thing, and something most of us simply won't do. I can't comment on your folk music,
its not real folk, its just psychedlic pop punk done with an acoustic guitar.
but yeah maybe, but i always find it more helpful when someone saying what he dislikes than pulling words for symapthy. personal rules: if i hate music, i´ll tell you hoping you kick your own ass and develop. if i hust don´t like it, i shut up. if i love music, maybe i would tell sometimes.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:43 pm

cough
Last edited by xh9o on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:43 pm

nebulae wrote:^ first of all, you vegan seattle fuckwad (*hugs*), I totally disagree with you about this thread being derailed. There's nothing more analog than human breastmilk. The oscillators are warm, and the sound is fucking fantastic. So eat me.

Second, I believe you just proved my point about having races all mixed up. If whites and blacks all inter mated, then the weak lactose intolerant gene would eventually mutate away. Once again, I have pwned you.
Sorry, interthread pwning is moot, I'm pretty sure there was a consensus on this, as some of us have no short or long term memory to speak of, so it sets up an unfair advantage, "wait I pissed you off in a thread from two months ago? Who are you??"
Race mixing (seriously) does actually breed stronger physically people IMO, as most often the weaker gene is eliminated. Not that it matters in the least, as we get the benefit of keeping physically inferior people around for their sometimes superior minds, Stephen Hawking anyone?
^^^^ Pwned back at ya!

I agree that analog breastmilk is the best, but not for speed metal.