Page 1 of 1
Arturia CS-80 and ARP2600 problems
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:53 am
I've had no luck getting a response from Arturia's customer support and their forums have very little traffic so I'm going to try posting here....
The CS-80 has this weird bug that causes most of the interface/controls to be completely flatlined and unresponsive when I reload a saved session. The patch will sound right, but I won't be able to control most of it's parameters (specifically all the individual osciallator controls, the master filter still works). If I save the patch, sometimes it still won't work when I reload it.
The ARP2600's LFO is having a hard time consistently syncing with the master tempo. It doesn't drift, but it rarely starts at the same spot every time (almost as if it doesn't restart when I hit stop and play).
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:19 am
Good luck. I bought the Prophet 5 emulation from them a while back and never have had it work correctly.
I also had a hell of a time getting a response from tech support. I had to raise hell on the company forum to get a response. I started a thread and posted once for everyday they had not responded to me. I finally received a response asking me to do some things. I did them and responded and then never heard from them again.
Basically I chalked up the $200 coin I dropped on it as a lesson to never use their software again. It's a shame because I do like the way they sound.
I'm sure others here have had better luck but unfortunately I did not. The best advice I can give you is if you can't get any help act like a horses on the forum. In ten days to a month you will get a meaningless response.
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:16 pm
Have you installed the latest versions?
It's strange that you've posted here without including the version numbers installed as part of your cry for help. There are people here who can genuinely help.
Best method to install Arturia synths which are the earlier, non-syncrosoft protected synths on Windows:
1) If you've already installed from the CD, use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove it.
2) Download the latest version from the Updates page in the Downloads area of Arturia's site. NOTE: these are replacement installers, not updaters which update code already in place.
3) Insert the original installation CD but do not allow the on-disk installer to launch. The updated installer will seek the presence of a legit installation disk in the CD drive.
4) Launch the installer you downloaded and follow the prompts.
5) Test the synth is working afterward by launching the standalone version - at this stage, while you have the CD present in the drive, I'd recommend downloading and installing any of the Preset libraries downloadable on Arturia's site for the synth since these can only be imported while the original installation disk is present in the drive AND it will mean you have a mammoth load of sounds to play with.
Hope this helps.
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:03 pm
yeah...their customer support is horrible. but agreed, great synths...so it's hard for me to just say forget it.
thanks for the help, i'll see what i can do
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:49 pm
I have had great support from Arturia personally. They have dealt with queries effectively and in a timely manner on the 3 occasions I needed help (including breaking my dongle and needing replacement synchrosoft codes, they even sold me a replacement dongle for only 18 bucks as opposed to the 40 bucks they usually cost).
What was the email address you contacted them on - there are 2 ways of contacting them and the one that goes through that fogbugz or whatever it is seems to take them a long time, but they still answer my emails on the previous e-mail address.
Prophet V works awesome on my computer setup BTW. The latest version of Prophet V is 1.2 - Version 1.1 did have a few bugs, which have been ironed out.
Try using firstname.lastname@example.org
as your email address to them - they stopped giving this out a while back and use that fogbugz system.