Akai APC + MAX4LIVE+Live5 too Live 8 Suite = ROFLMAO

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Oscar F

Akai APC + MAX4LIVE+Live5 too Live 8 Suite = ROFLMAO

Post by Oscar F » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:49 am

Yes I know the Australian exchange rate is uber crap.
Seriously though, had I actually considered upgrading from Live 5 to 8 I'd want the Suite, Max for Live and the APC (I already own an MPD32).
Just seen the retail prices for the Akai APC on awave.com.au and they are around $1000-1100 without the Upgrade + MFL.
Thank heavens I kept Live 5 on my PC and got Logic Pro on the iMac.
It's not Ableton's fault our exchange rate is shit but dang that's some expensive crap there and then some. 8O .
Motu's BPM is looking rather tempting right about now and I am hanging out for AudioMulch on OSX also (ooooh yeah and Gleetchlab 3 - just round the corner).
On a side note, any users here have experience with Numerology 2 they'd like too share (was contemplating sequencing Reason 4 with it) - how's the work flow etc.
That said Live 5 with my RS7000 as a sequencer + control surface is pretty much the shit bomb for freestyle jamming and fleshing out compositional ideas. :mrgreen:
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place is actually nowhere.

bland_handl

Re: Akai APC + MAX4LIVE+Live5 too Live 8 Suite = ROFLMAO

Post by bland_handl » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:35 am

mate, you've tripped on something wrong there

try over here

those prices at the top of the page translate to less than 600 ozd's

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:11 am

On planet APC40 it doesn't matter what they translate to, Akai seem to have no concept of what an exchange rate is where the APC40 is concerned, on their other products they have no problem, it seems they are offsetting a ridiculously low US dollar price against everyone else. If you do import one from the US your warranty is void. Been through this already when the euro price was announced. At those prices you guys are still getting screwed more than we are though.

ton

Post by ton » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Oscar F wrote:That said Live 5 with my RS7000 as a sequencer + control surface is pretty much the shit bomb for freestyle jamming and fleshing out compositional ideas.
Hi Oscar F, what is possible with RS7000 what is not possible in Live? Isn't it possible to emulate those features of RS7000 also with Live, midi controllers, midi keyboard, pc keyboard, python and Live-API?

doremifa

Post by doremifa » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:48 pm

is it same with all Akai products?