NI Audio Kontrol 1 (Question)

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
logic_user99

NI Audio Kontrol 1 (Question)

Post by logic_user99 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:40 pm

Got this juicy beast of an interface today; it's immediately made my life better! Musically, at least... The sound quality (even on my less-than-par HiFi speakers) is 100x better than it was before (lovely 48k!) and the 'big knob' is fantastic for easy control over most apps.

A question - there's a 'Live' preset in the control software, but I can't get it to control the master volume or the record button. The master vol is set up as Midi CC1, which doesn't work off the bat, and the 'Record Enable' function is set (as default in the software) to the F9 key (which goes to window select on the Mac).

Any thoughts?
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

riotschool

Re: NI Audio Kontrol 1 (Question)

Post by riotschool » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:18 am

That´s an easy one ;)

Just hit APPLE-M and click on the control you want to assign to the big knob.

For the F9-key, just change the behaviour in the system preferences of the mac OR re-map the key in the AK1 control software to something else...

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:28 am

Aye, I see what you did there. Ta!

The AK1 has 'templates' set up to control various functions in software; the impression it gives is that you have to do no pre-config. in Live to get it working, is all. Wonder if I could do a user control surface script for it... Hmm.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

SolutionG

Post by SolutionG » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 am

logic_user99 wrote:Aye, I see what you did there. Ta!

The AK1 has 'templates' set up to control various functions in software; the impression it gives is that you have to do no pre-config. in Live to get it working, is all. Wonder if I could do a user control surface script for it... Hmm.
I tried that, but got frustrated by the limitation of the number of possible controls and the fact that I only had mixer control over only 3 channels. It'd be nice if they offered a Kore controller that transmitted midi and had identical i/o to the AK1. Anyhow, I needed better control, so I ended up grabbing a Korg nanoKONTROL to fill the void, and for $60 it's given me a ton of bang for the buck. I think I have the script on my HDD somewhere, so let me know if you want it and i'll post it up for you.
Live 7 + Sampler + Operator + Drum Machines | NI Audio Kontrol 1 | nanoKONTROL

Post by 4.33 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:08 am

you can use it in the mackie mode as well
in the prefs your device ports would be AK1 Virtual In and AK1 Virtual out

8TROW8

Post by 8TROW8 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm

did you manage to solve this, its bugging me so much that i cant use the big knob for the main volume in ableton

8TROW8

Post by 8TROW8 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:36 pm

Anyone solved how to change the OUTPUT volume of the soundcard rather than using the big knob to change the MASTER volume of Ableton (I never touch the master volume) but wanting to use the "big knob" to turn up the output of my speakers rather than using the tiny knob on the soundcard.