quantise/grid toggle button missing in live 4?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
muzza23

quantise/grid toggle button missing in live 4?

Post by muzza23 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:12 am

one of the more useful features of live 3 was the toggle button up top on the left of the pencil tool that switched between hard quantise to the chosen setting (Beat, 1/4 etc) and snapping to grid (whatever that may be, depending on the zoom level)...

Its not there in live 4!! is the feature still there? if not that really sux coz that was a killer feature of live 3 that made life a whole lot easier...

ryst

Post by ryst » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:05 am

HA HA!!!!! I almost wrote this same thread about a week ago. Relax, muzza23....It's still there. They just moved it. On the right side of the arrangment view right above the column that lists the tracks and their names .....see it? It's a little box that should appear as "1/1"(default setting) to the left of the "lock envelopes" button (padlock icon). I was searching for this too and I thought it was gone. But it's there! When you place your mouse over the "1/1" box, the "info view" box on the bottom left of the screen should say "grid display".