OT: Law of Attraction

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Grappadura

Re: OT: Law of Attraction

Post by Grappadura » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:37 pm

I´m sure there is something to it, but one must be careful not to put all hopes into it neglecting all possible drawbacks. Like jumping out of an airplane without parachute, because you think all you have to do is believe you will land safely. Its the same thing with most religions, they´re all promising some reward, but first you have to dedicate your time (and money) to them. Brainwashes. They all rise from pain, hunger, discomfort.
KnobCloud - marketplace for audio software

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:54 pm

bodhi71 wrote:What if there is something to it, the people that are sited as examples of how it works are people that didn't give up that believed in what they were doing, who knows.
Or perhaps the world does spin on an axis of suffering and good things are just minor blips in an otherwise bleak existence.
At least there is Ableton...it would be cool to hear they're view on this.
most reactions i read here talk about philosophy,and that's all philosophy(age of saggitarius)really is: still a safe form of spirituality,never threatening all the illusions of the ego(the not-true self).anybody can pickup a book,read it,and talk about it.it's a pitfall of the incredibly clever ego,which doesn't want to change,ever.
PHILOSOPHY IS DEAD!
you know all that stuff?you know how it all works?
PROVE IT(age of Capricorn).don't talk about it.BE IT.FOCUS!

every ego wants to be the center of the entire Universe(this is what is causing all the suffering in this physical realm),but there is only ONE center of the Universe(it's all around us and deep inside of us...."use the Force Luke")

the Law of attraction really works when you consciously AND unconsciously focus on what your heart really wants.
if you consciously have positive intentions,but unconsciously you have negative intentions,the unconscious part of you has the upper hand,and nothing will happen but negative intentions.
the key is to KNOW YOURSELF

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:52 pm

This, IMO, is how "law of attraction" really works, and I wish people would explain it like this instead of making everyone believe in some quantum mechanics magical bullshit.

Your reality is dictated by your perception
Your actions are therefore also dictated by your perception
Your actions result in a chain reaction of consequences that create feedback into your perceptions that result in further actions

Therefore, if one were to change their perception to believe that their goals can become reality, they will take actions that cascade in reactions that ultimately lead them toward their goals. By altering your perception, you can see opportunities you wouldn't normally and have the courage to act on them when you would have shrugged it off otherwise. By seizing these opportunities and acting upon them, you create consequences that change the world around you in ways that ultimately feed back into this perception and your further actions.

You may not always reach your goal, but you will definitely lead a richer, fuller life. Most people sit around and think everything is an impossibility, so they dont bother doing anything and as a result, nothing happens...thus feeding back into their perception that such things wont happen to them. This is the equivalent of living death. I'd rather take action and see what happens. I may never become a superstar, but then again I CERTAINLY never will if I sit on my ass and watch tv instead of working towards it.

BongoBennie

Post by BongoBennie » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:27 am

Cocky and Funny...... Thats the law.
lights, drums, techno

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:16 am

The "Law of Attraction" doesn't exist. You can't wish something into existence, period; the universe is not a figment of your imagination, and you cannot bend it to your will. The one thing you can do is know that you are capable of achieving realistic, but high standards/goals for yourself. I would not say it's a matter of anything like spirituality, (which IMO is a personal perception on the nature of the universe), but more like taking the time to realize that certain actions will propel you forward, while others will limit you. There is a natural flow to life, some good (being nice helps you to succeed), some not so great (being pretty or rich helps you to succeed), knowing what you have and can work with is key.

Again, the Law of Attraction and other new age positive force based ideologies can lend themselves to in my opinion brutal self criticism and negativity, all this BS about how failure is a fault of you're own etc. ANY successful person will tell you that failure is a part of the process, that people who succeed, simply set a realistic goal, and make possibly multiple attempts at achieving it. This is a MAJOR reason why this is such bullshit, the lack of real process oriented thinking.... blah! :evil:

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:44 am

I truthfully believe in my meteor.

I have a picture of it on my wall at work.

I know my impact will happen.

I love my meteor.

:)
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

tigali

Post by tigali » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:31 am

Feature wish-list for Live 8: I want to be able to import my soul into Live. I figure if I load it into the arrangement window I can really sort my shit out. Or do you think I might be better off mixing it in Logic?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:55 am

tigali wrote:Feature wish-list for Live 8: I want to be able to import my soul into Live. I figure if I load it into the arrangement window I can really sort my shit out. Or do you think I might be better off mixing it in Logic?
Use Logic and Reason, then you can truly Live.

That will be $200 please, you can leave a check or credit card with the bald lady in the robe at the front desk.

shai

Post by shai » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:26 am

Geezus wrote:This, IMO, is how "law of attraction" really works, and I wish people would explain it like this instead of making everyone believe in some quantum mechanics magical bullshit.
http://www.logicofattraction.com/

to those of you who dont know Mark Ty-Wharton from the sonic talk podcast . . . thats his take about explaining the law of attraction in a "logical way". although i havent read that ..

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 am

What I find amusing is that taco vs soft taco can get 4pages of response, where as something to do with spiritual interest quietetly subsides into the tomb of ableton threads. I thought this topic would have went on much longer :(
Where's that asteroid?

the spirograph crew

Post by the spirograph crew » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:25 pm

"the New (Dark) Age"

http://www.skepdic.com/lawofattraction.html

skeptic dictionary explains the "law" well.
A PIECE OF SHIT HAS A THOUSAND EYES.

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:28 pm

bodhi71 wrote:What I find amusing is that taco vs soft taco can get 4pages of response, where as something to do with spiritual interest quietetly subsides into the tomb of ableton threads. I thought this topic would have went on much longer :(
Where's that asteroid?
yeah.. It's pretty much the same w/ the conversations w/ my friends.. They start saying I am crazy for all this new age thinking, spirituality, quantum mechanics, etc. so i never bring it up. So I am not surprised why the forum will take the taco over the something like LOA.. It's just not everyone's cup of tea.. but on the other hand, who doesn't like Taco's?? Maybe if we get TITBAG to comment on it, then people will start chiming in on it.. Was he just an alias of another user on the forum? He just disappeared one day.. kinda miss those crazy comments..

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:14 pm

you think an internet forum is a great place to have a nice sensible balanced discussion about those sort of things?

because I don't

aisling

Post by aisling » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:56 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
ethios4 wrote:A very good friend of mine fell deep into this philosophy - taking it very literally - and proceeded to wreck his life because he thought he was about to become the world's greatest MC - Dr Dre was just gonna call him up and sign up because that's how it works. In the process he lost his house, business, most of his money, and almost lost his sanity. Great philosophy!!
Personally I'm of the opinion that the Law of Attraction, and all the related BS becoming popular is a direct result of liberal guilt in it's nastiest form.
IE "My parents are rich, nobels etc. because they chose to allow wealth into their life." Makes them feel a little warmer even though their house is built on a figurative indian burial ground. That! is the extent that I think this pseudo religion can do great good. Too much guilt attached to failure in it IMO.
Sorry your friend bough into it, that sucks.
dude that is SO right on, an old friend's parents were filthy fucking (private jet ) rich, dad was all up in the telecom company (I can't remember the name) that went belly up before Enron, (that defrauded millions of shareholders and pensions) making his phat cash.......they became born again after their youngest daughter died of tragic circumstances.....When I visited their "vacation" house in Montecito CA (Michael Douglas was their neighbor), for his wedding and commented about the beautiful house, the response was "we let Jesus" into our lives and the wealth came........DO you know they don't recycle in montecito, just throw all your trash away, and I guess Jesus deals with it.....(nothing against Jesus, the guy is actually a personal role model in a non dogmatic non religious way)

While part of me was "envious," more of me was disgusted and sickened by the self righteousness that accompanied the belief system.....I think I studied to much Marx and nieztche in undergrad, rich people make me uncomfortable...Nothing personal against hard work and the monetary rewards that follow, I just prefer ordinary people.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:43 pm

"There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny." - Han Solo