osX

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kwirk

osX

Post by kwirk » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:38 pm

ok. i have just about had it with osX.

does ANYBODY have a usb audio interface that WORKS RELIABLY with osX?

when i boot up spark ME and start recording, i get little pops every few odd seconds...

playback in LIVE sucks

i have used/tried edirol ua-3, editol ua-5, imic

help.

i just wan to record simple stereo aiffs in sparkLE or sparkME, then throw them into live...

i NEVER had these problems back when i was a PC user...tisk tisk tisk

wbajzek

turn up the sample buffer?

Post by wbajzek » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:41 pm

Have you tried turning up the sample buffer in SparkLE?

I'm not a fan of USB audio devices, but it should be able to work decently. Even my Edirol piece-of-crap worked reasonably.

SongCarver

Post by SongCarver » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:44 pm

buy yo'self a tascam us428 or 228. I have a 428 and it works flawlessly. absolutley no problems.i have it set to 1ms in and out latency, so 2ms in total. no worries recording etc.

Great drivers

cheers

Geraldo

Post by Geraldo » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:03 am

I use a motu 828 and the new beta drivers work great with Live and Spark le Plus. Live on the other hand, is a CPU pig under either Mas OS 9 or X. It works great under Windows 2000. These are probably not the answers you were looking for...Nevermind :wink:

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:25 am

[quote="Geraldo"]I use a motu 828 and the new beta drivers work great with Live and Spark le Plus.

Geraldo, sounds like you don't have ENY problems with MOTU82 and Live?
Eny random sound dropouts with MOTU 282 + OS10.1.5 ?

I have both Tascam US 428 and MOtu 828 .
Tascam US 428 works great with the OSX drivers, BUT has only 2 stereo outputs (no way to prelisten sounds).
MOTU 828 has 8 sound out channels to prelisten , BUT does have random sound dropouts for a second or two with the beta OSX drivers.
So i cannot use non of them yet for live usage, when i have a gig i still use MOTU828 with OS9.2.2

Geraldo

Post by Geraldo » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:45 pm

I hope I did not speak too soon. Considering the Beta drivers have only been out a few days its possible I have not experienced your problem "yet". My only gripe is with LIVE, which seems to run better on Windows than on Mac. I am running it side by side on my 1Ghz PIII and my 800Mhz Tibook and I must compliment Ableton on the wonderful cross-platform ability. I can open a session that I created on the Mac and continue it on the PC or the other way around. But the CPU usage is more efficient on the PC. This is off topic but worth mentioning.
My suggestion would be to do th experiment in the manual where you max your plugins to 75%cpu and the increase your buffer size until the dropouts stop. What is your hardware setup? CPU? HD speed? OS? RAM?